Thread: Question for Spybot 1.4 or 1.5

Default Question for Spybot 1.4 or 1.5

Can Spybot 1.4 or 1.5 be soley used for manual scans?

If so does that mean having to de-activate the Tea-Timer, and if so do I need to de-activate anything else?

If the Tea-Timer is disabled, does this mean that no pop up boxes will appear for registry changes?

Anybody?

If Teatimer is disabled,no pop-up boxes will appear about registry changes.If you want Spybot to just do manual scans only,the only other thing besides Teatimer you might want to disable is the bad download blocker bho(sdhelper).

You could disable Teatimer by opening Spybot,click mode,select Advanced mode,then saying 'Yes' to the prompt,then click Tools,then Resident,then uncheck Resident "Teatimer" and you can also uncheck Resident "Sdhelper" there as well,if you no longer wish it to be enabled.
    Click mode again if you want to return Spybot to Default mode,afterwards.

Thank you for that, would I be correct in saying that if I were to disable those features that I would find more system resources available after boot up?

You're welcome.
    If you disabled sdhelper,it would probably not make much,if any difference.
    As for Teatimer,this is what it says on the Spybot FAQ page:
    As TeaTimer is always running in the background, it takes some resources of about 5 MB.
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/33.html
    hth.

I don't have Spybot at the moment as I currently use Ad-Aware, but as that program is no longer supporting 98 S.E I am going to have to ditch it and move to Spybot.

My question is if the final 1.5 is not released by the time I need it, do I require to download Spybot 1.4, and then upgrade it, if so, can you please give me a step by step on exactly what to do so I can use the beta 1.5.

Thanks

I don't know what the instructions will be to get Spybot beta 1.5,since it hasn't been released yet.Once it is released,there will probably be instructions given.You could just download Spybot 1.4 in the meantime,when you need it,and wait and see.

md posted how to download the beta Teatimer for you here,if you would like to try that out when you download Spybot:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...&postcount=249
    hth