Thread: Spylock pop up

Cool Spylock pop up

I used my Spybot and it found this thing and supposedly removed it. It also recommended that I do the system restart and I did. Unfortunately, I am still getting this "system" message popping up on my machine. How can I get this thing off here?????

It was also unable to remove something called ALt.net at either start up or in a regular scan.

I had a houseguest who it seems had some rather exotic browsing habits and found my formerly clean system inundated with this stuff, most of which SpyBot cleaned right up!

Any help with either of these issues is greatly appreciated.

Hello.

Is this SpyLock, a desktop lockdown system and activity monitor, or Spylocked?

Spylocked recently changed its name to SpywareLocked, and is part of a Smitfraud infection, distributed through sites hosting Zlob Trojans.

Warning: Infection via bad CODEC installs. VirusBurst etc...
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default You are right!

It is spylocked. Insidious thing, I can't get it off. Will try what you linked. Hope it works this thing is making me batty! Thanks very much!

Default sigh

Spylocked is still giving me the system message every 15 seconds or so.

Ran spybot, found this and a few other little presents. It said it cleaned everything up except the alt.net thing. Spylocked still popping up.

Rebooted, and ran spybot from boot, now it doesn't find the spylocked thing but still can't remove the alt.net. system message still popping up.

Ran Spybot from safemode, it doesn't find this Spylocked thing anymore. It again found the alt.net thing but still cannot remove it. Still getting the nasty little noise and pop up every few seconds.

I am honestly so frustrated with it I am ready to scream. Any other suggestions are most appreciated!

Anita

Hi there.

In the topic I linked to, there was another link to our malware removal forum, but I imagine being driven batty by the infection you might have missed it.

Please follow the procedure in this link to get a HJT log:
    "BEFORE you POST" Mandatory Steps Before Requesting Assistance Then start your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum

A helper will assist you there as soon as available.

Cheers.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016