Thread: ICQ Monitor 6 entries?

Angry ICQ Monitor 6 entries?

Having recently downloaded the latest updates for Spybot search& destroy 1.4 I can no longer run my own software from 3B software called Windows Clean -Up Pro.
    If I scan with Spybot 1.4 it will come up at the end with ICQ Monitor 6 entries and if these are deleted then Windows Clean-Up Pro will no longer run or come up on the screen? If I then load up the 3B Software again it will run straight away as long as I do not scan with Spybot or do not clear the ICQ 6 entries which always come up?
    Use Windows XP Home Edition and suspect this is a false positive as it has never happened over the last 3 years.
    Any thoughts on this one.

Chris Smith

Hi there.

Could you produce a short log so we can see the entries please.

• Open SpyBot.
    • Check for problems.
    • When finished, right click and choose copy results (not the full report) to clipboard and post that into topic.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Red face ICQ Spy Monitor 6 Entries

Have found these in the recovery page on Spybot 1.4 as I had already cleared things down.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\CLSID\(96E07F5F-C7A0-43AC-A409-55DF9431F67F)

HKEY_LOCAL-MACHINE\Software\Classes\CLSID\(DA46C6FA-C331-42F7-925D-47614A543CFC)

etc.

Any help

Chris

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Chris Smith:

Since you already fixed the problems, you could publish the Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.txt log file from when you fixed the problems (see Note #1).

Two methods to copy and post that information:
    • Method 1:
      • Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Tools > View Reports > View Pervious reports. Look for the Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm log from when you fix the problems Open it. To copy to the Clipboard > Right click the log and do a Select All > Right click again and select Copy. Paste (Ctrl+V) the Clipboard to another post in this thread.
    • Method 2
      • The Checks.yymmdd-hhmm and Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm files are stored in the following folders:
        • Windows 95 or 98:
          C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
        • Windows ME:
          C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
        • Windows NT, 2000 or XP:
          C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
        • Windows Vista:
          C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
      • Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the correct Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm file. Double click on it and it should open with Notepad. To copy to the Clipboard > Right click the log and do a Select All > Right click again and select Copy. Paste (Ctrl+V) the Clipboard to another post in this thread.

Note #1: By default here are two Checks.yymmdd-hhmm logs produced during a scan. The second Checks.yymmdd-hhmm has the details of what the scan found. A Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm log is produced if you fix or attempt to fix something.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.