Thread: Help please with Scheduler

Default Help please with Scheduler

Hi guys. I have tried repeatedly to set up the scheduler to run overnight but each day it says that it has not yet run? How do you set it up please? It looks fairly obvious and i have set up AVG with no problems and that has a similar set up process. can anyone help help me......please?!! Thanks

If you go to "scheduled tasks" and your task says something like "could not start", it may be because you don't have the "run as" and password filled in correctly. In my experience, just having a valid logon user and password is not enough -- it has to be the user that is actually logged on.

I have seen a few machines that mysteriously reject ANY user & password for any task, and my workaround on XP is to tell it to run them only if logged on.

I *think* I have also seen one case of a machine that somehow munged the password without human intervention, so I had to re-enter the password for a task that had worked for months.

Another possibility might be that the app path is wrong, but that seems unlikely if you had Spybot set up the task for you.

If you don't see the "could not start", back to square 1.
    Is the task enabled ?
    Is the computer fully on / off / suspended / hibernating when the task should run?
    From the task properities, go to settings and review the idle time and power management boxes to see if the task is not set to wake the computer, or is set to start only if the machine is idle. Any task I care about will wake the computer if necessary, but the other "idle" & "power" boxes will be clear.

Also, having Spybot already open will stop it from running again to do your task.

Default Thanks

Thanks for that Lord Cobol. It worked.