Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ?Possible False Positive? - Redirected Host File

Thanks for the notification. All is corrected and well.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

You're welcome Carol.

Actually I somewhat expected an update to this thread or a post in the Announcements forum when the problem was fixed and the update to the security.sbi was made available.

Near the close of business hours in Germany, I decided to check for updates just in case no notification was forthcoming. After receiving an update to the security.sbi file and verifying that the "Redirected host" of "net-integration.net" was no longer being detected, I posted thinking that others may have been waiting for notification also.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

'I posted thinking that others may have been waiting for notification also.'

FWIW. Your efforts were not for naught. This "other" knew it wasn't a "major thing", but I was waiting for notification and checked this thread "first thing". Never expecting what I saw. So your thoughts were very correct! At least in my case.

Thanks again..
    Carol

Default Still Restricted

I have the latest updates but net-integration is still restricted. What's up?

Sol..

If I'm understanding what you wrote, this is the best I can explain it:

'....but net-integration is still restricted'

That was the ultimate purpose. If you read the prior page, you'll see where Yodama has written, 'the issue with net-integration is that they actually sell Spybot S&D without having a license for that. We just found out about that recently , and before we had no reason to block the site and unblocked (security.sbi) it instead.' In other words, net-integration is supposed to get be restricted.

After the 2007-05-24 correction, you should not have the scan detecting the entries as Redirected host entries, if per chance you did and still are. If that be the case, I'm sure one of the Spybot Team will address it and help.

Carol

Default Still Detecting

The Spybot scan is still detecting net-integration. I don't want it detected and I don't want it restricted when I click on it. Any solutions?

My experience was that the update corrected the Redirected host entries. The bookmarks or links from Net-Integration, which were still detected after the update, I had to "fix" myself. I'm statisfied with the restriction. Sorry, I can't be of further help.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Yodama:

There is a note on the Home page of net-integration.net (http://www.net-integration.net/) as follows:

May Announcement Update:

In recent weeks we received several license renewal orders from former resellers for Spybot Search & Destroy Intranet Update Server. After a bit of confusion the orders are now in the correct place for processing. Please note Net Integration no longer provides licenses for Spybot Search & Destroy Intranet Update Server ( Please refer to Safer-Networking ) nor do we contract resellers to license any of our current available products or services.
    If their statement is true is there a need to restrict access to the site any longer?

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

thanks for the info,

as it seems net-integration is currently offline.
    We will keep you updated on how this issue developes.

Currently I cannot confirm the statement made by net-intergration.
    born in the shadow to die in the shadow, that is the fate of the shinobi

Spybot S&D Downloads

Please help us improve Spybot and download our distributed testing client.

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    Why is the above url leading to http://makeadifference.org ?