Thread: DrSmartload.exe

Question DrSmartload.exe

I'm using Spybot 1.4 always w/ the latest detection update, XP Pro w/ SP2, ... is there a way that I can add DrSmartload.exe to my list of things to block from being downloaded? installed? or to my list of things to find and delete?

I've tried so many different apps trying to get rid of it. Seems like there's nothing that can detect/delete this pest. I see mention of it when I do internet searches but nothing when I search these Forums. Although I do see Manual Delete procedures... I'd love to have something set up to protect me against it.

I usually run SpyBot, AdAware, & Norton 2005.-SpySheriff, SpyAxe, & DrSmartload... just kicked my butt HARDCORE!

All help is greatly appreciated.

Hi there.

If you had a file of the item and sent it zipped to:
    detections AT spybot.info
    (Replace AT with @ and remove spaces)

Then detectives would look at the malware and decide if it could be added to detections.

Failing that, as drsmartload.exe is a Trojan.Dloadr the best way to protect your computer is by keeping your anti virus prgram up to date and installing an anti trojan program (such as Trojan Hunter), SpywareBlaster, IESPYADS if one uses IE and a good HOSTS program.

So how did I get infected in the first place? By Tony Klein

If you would like someone to double check the system you could start a topic in our malware forum.
    Before you post a log

Cheers.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016