Thread: Potential Web Tracking ?

Default Potential Web Tracking ?

Hi. Using a corporate computer, every once and a while, seemingly only while surfing the web around lunch time, the screen flashes and I get a momentary hourglass for the mouse pointer.

After about 15 seconds or so, the hourglass returns to a normal pointer.

I ran SpyBot 1.4 with the 05/16 defs. Some tracking cookies were detected and removed and several Windows security panel registry settings were detected but I did not change them due to this being a corporate comp and I suspect they configure these things the way they want them.

It's a random event as far as timing goes and I have not yet been able to capture it in the task manager/processes window. I am going to nab it one day for sure.

My questions to the forum are: Is this some kind ot tracking spyware ? Does this sound familiar to anyone ?

I've done sevarl forum searches on many keywords and I can't find anything.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey H. View Post
    I ran SpyBot 1.4 with the 05/16 defs. Some tracking cookies were detected and removed and several Windows security panel registry settings were detected but I did not change them due to this being a corporate comp and I suspect they configure these things the way they want them.
    The 'wait' pointer resembles an hourglass, by your description that may be what you are seeing.

A frequent, blinking hourglass, has also been seen on infected computers. If Spybot-S&D is installed on the machines, I gather that the company has a Corporate license for Spybot-S&D and an IT person who set it up?

Probably best to ask that person to check the computer.

Regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016