View Poll Results: Do you read the threat descriptions included in Spybot?

Voters
218. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes and they are very useful.

96 44.04%
  • Yes, but they are only sometimes useful.

93 42.66%
  • Yes, but they are useless.

3 1.38%
  • No, I havenīt found them yet.

26 11.93%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: threat descriptions survey

my system is scanned so often with spybot and 2 a/v 3 times a wk. barely anything gets through cept through my own naivety. i use threatfire, avg and spybot. the descriptions are good but not as comprehensive or in depth as threatexpert/threatfire
    dual core 2ghz centrino x 2 ATI radeon 512mb with 1791mb hypermemory 4gb ddr2 RAM vista home premium

Quote Originally Posted by hampster View Post
    The thing about them is that the entries are so long, I can't always read the whole path. That is what makes them less useful.
    Yes!

Often the dialogue window pops up asking if I want to accept or deny a
    particular change and the path isn't completely shown and the name of the
    application attempting to make the change isn't shown, so it's hard to decide which answer to give

In addition, the Info box has NEVER shown me any information about the file in question, after years of using Spybot...is it the vestige of some earlier feature that didn't make the cut?

I don't really think the description is a vetige of an earlier feature, or even the pup ups... The pup ups are maybe small... but the descriptions, are pretty informative... but they are not usefull at all, just interesting :P

So, my vote is Yes, and they are usefull, but really... i don't think why we could find that usefull, as far as we don't start looking by ourselves for those spywares, or even contacting the company that develope them... it is just informative, and when i don't find that, I try to look on the english description that likely have it.

Anyway, and stop talking about it... It just need to be continued, and I like it.

Red face No Information available 90% or higher

90+% of the time the box says:

- "No information available"

they're usually useful when there's something in the box
    except when it tells me a change I made to the system could be caused by an infection.
    I always remove the stuff I don't use from the Start Menu Through the "Taskbar & Start Menu" Properties dialog and GPEdit.msc.

ie. I compress my XP Start Menu to:
    > Run

and my 2k Start Menu to: (basically the same)
    > Run