Thread: i think my winxp computer is infected with tisky002 and others

Angry i think my winxp computer is infected with tisky002 and others

Hello i am a complete newbie at this. i believe my computer is infected with this tisky002 and others. i cannot access the internet on that computer or even see my desk top. if i open the windows task manager i see in the process svchost.exe, winlogon.exe, another svchost.exe, smss.exe, lsass.exe, crss.exe, services.exe, system, and system idle, my computer will not do anything. i tried running avg and spysweeper but neither will work. i do not really care if i have to do a system recovery if i could just get my pictures off this computer. i tried to burn them onto a cd but the computer says there is no cd in the drive. tried to use a memory stick but it doesn't see that either.
    i did download hijack this on a clean computer and sdfix and combo fix. i put them on a cd and put them on the infected computer, but it didn't seem to help. i did run in safe mode and now can not reboot normally at all. i did get a log from hijack this but can't copy it from the infected computer. any help would be appreciated.
    thanks in advance for your help

In Memoriam -Always in our heart pskelley's Avatar

Welcome to Safer Networking, if you still need help and are not receiving it elsewhere, it appears you have missed some important instructions our administrator has posted at the top of the forum, especially this: "BEFORE you POST" (READ this Procedure before Requesting Assistance)
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288
    All advice given is taken at your own risk.
    Please read and follow all instructions and post all required logs or reports, anything less will slow your process.
    Use "Post Reply" to post the information in the instructions and stay in the same topic.

From the limited about of information you have provided, I can not tell if I can help or not. I can show you this:
    http://spywarefiles.prevx.com/RREDDF...KY002.EXE.html

I can also say many tools are designed to run for specific infections and just running them generally without knowing what infections you have can cause more trouble than good. If you have a Vundo infection it may be causing HJT not to work, that being the case then try downloading this version to the uninfected computer and see if it will install and run.

Download Trend Micro Hijack This™
    http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en...?page=download
    Download it to your Program Files folder.
    Doubleclick the HijackThis_V2.exe to start it.
    Click "Do a System Scan and save a logfile"
    This will create a HijackThislog.
    Copy and paste the contents of the log in your next reply

There is little I can do until you provide me with at least that HJT log.

Thanks
    MS-MVP Consumer Security 2007-08-09
    Proud Member ASAP
    UNITE Member 2006

thanks for taking the time to try and help me. I downloaded the prevx1 file from another computer and burned it to a cd. i put it on the infected computer. i also downloaded the hijack this. but i can't copy the file from the infected computer. it has no internet access and will not let me burn anything onto a cd. how can i reactivate my cd burning priveleges or reinstate my internet so i can post the file. i could attempt to type the whole thing line per line on this computer but i'm not sure if there's an easier way to do that. thanks

I am not really sure what you are asking? You can copy HJT to a floppy or CD on a machine that is not infected and take it to the infected machine and install/run it. Save the log somewhere like the Desktop then save it to the floppy or CD and take it to the computer that works to post it here.
    If you are having this many problems with that computer, you may want to think about reformating that one?

This infomation may get it online:
    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/winsockxpfix.html

but if it is as infected as it sounds, you do not want to keep it online more than you must.

Thanks
    Proud Member ASAP
    UNITE Member 2006

that is exactly what i was trying do, however it will not let me burn any cds. it tells me there is no cd in the drive or something. in order to access any programs i have to go into windows task manager click new task and find it from there and click run. my desktop is black/blank and i am running in safe mode

OK, I understand and wish I could do more There is little I can do without the information I need to work with, I can't even advise you. You may want to seek local help.

Thanks
    Proud Member ASAP
    UNITE Member 2006

This topic is closed due to lack of a response.

If you need it re-opened please send me or a forum staff member a private message (pm) and provide a link to the thread; this applies only to the original topic starter.

Anyone else with similar problems please start a new topic.

Thanks
    Proud Member ASAP
    UNITE Member 2006