Thread: Smitfraud-C.CoreService

Default Smitfraud-C.CoreService

Hey Guys, I have been having some trouble from a particular type of spyware. It started when an end user clicked on an add by Win Antivirus 2007, I have been able to remove almost all of the infection except for a registry key. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Controlset001\Services\Core. It will not allow itself to be manually or automatically removed through Normal Mode or Safe Mode. I have used Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware and Panda Active Scan. I have ran Hijack This several times and removed the entries which I can identify as invalid, harmful or missing. Please let me know which avenue to pursue. Thank you!
    Last edited by brawnson; 2007-05-30 at 22:17. Reason: misspelling

Hi there.

We would have to see a log in order to see the big picture, so one of these two methods:
    • Open Spybot-S&D and start a scan ("check for problems").
    • After the scan, right-click in the results field and choose either "Save full report to file..." or "Copy full report to clipboard".
    • Attach the file (or copy the report) to the email and send it to: detections(at)spybot.info (Replace AT with @)

If you prefer, follow the procedure in this link: "BEFORE you POST" Steps to take Before Requesting Assistance Then start your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum

Cheers.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016