Thread: Strange Immunization problem

Default Strange Immunization problem

Hi,
    I am user of spybot for a longtime. But after updating the 2007-05-30 updates, everytime, I try to use the "check again" under immunize or the immunizine button, it scans the system and pop-ups a message that "18 additional protections are possible." Right now I have 11710 bad products blocked. If I immunize, again 18 more would be added or if I click "check again:, it would suggest me that 18 more additional protections are possible. Is this a bug or a problem with my system. For you information, I am running Win2000 SP4. Thanks in advance.

regards,
    Jay

Hello,

This is a little bug in Spybot - Search & Destroy. The programm tries to immunize other accounts.
    Probably, you do not have the rights to immunize because you are running Spybot-S&D as a normal user and not as admin.
    As a current solution you can try to "Undo" the Immunisation. Now the bad products are allowed.
    Then "Immunize" again. This should solve the problem for now.
    We are about to locate this bug and fix it.
    The fix will be downloadable with our next program upgrade.
    We hope that it will be available soon.

Some more information is availible in our forum:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=78

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for the steps. I did an undo and performed an immunization which solved the problem. Also, by the way I am using an account with administrator rights (I am providing this info, hoping that it will help you fixing the bug).
    Thanks again
    regards,
    Jay

I'm having the same issue with a Win98SE system. Keeps saying "6 protections possible". The suggested workaround didn't work for me. It would be helpful to know which protections were not being enabled, so that I could attempt to troubleshoot the problem myself.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Razzhere:

There is a bug in the immunization count that indicates there are 6 unimmunized items on Windows 98 and ME systems.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.