Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problems with 2007-06-06 ßDetection rules (beta)

Default problem with trojans.spi file

dear md usa spybot fan;

I also ran into this problem using version 1.4.something,
    and followed procedure to update to version 1.5.2 sucessfully.
    Rerunning the spybot, then everything worked well, all done as normal from my wifes login where it has always been.

then, I logged her off and opened my user icon, and my local settings were lost.

It had regressed back to what looked like original xp-pro setting. message was that computer could not find my "locally stored profile", so it opened a temp profile wherein changes could not be stored...

any ideas on how to get my locally stored profile back to where it was"
    any help is apreciated, as i am a bit computer challanged.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    smok22:
    creolainmysoula:

The current errors with the Trojans.sbi file that started with the 2008-04-09 updates are caused by new detection rules that are incompatible with Spybot 1.4. These new detection rules use the new Anti-Rootkit plugins #1, #2 and #3 that only have been offered as updates to Spybot 1.5.2. If you upgrade to Spybot 1.5.2 you will not only eliminate the error messages but in also will be performing rootkit searches while doing a Spybot "Check for problems".

Default could not find "locally stored profile"

dear dear md usa spybot fan;

somehow, my problem went away; so please do not bother with my request for help. I had restarted the computer multiple times and it had not helped. Then, this morning, i restared it and everything was back to normal.
    thanks anyway,

what does this code means? 0x80070005!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosenfeld View Post
    Just updated (including beta.sbi), restarted Spybot, scanned. Did not get any error message. I don't seem to have an Include errors log, possibly because I've never encountered an error with Spybot :-).
    XPhome SP2 all updates.

In which context? The stuff you quoted mentiones "Did not get any error message", and without an error message, you wouldn't have any error code.

The code means "access denied", but without the context where it appears, even my magic crystal ball has problems knowing an exact meaning
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)