Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems with 2007-06-06 ßDetection rules (beta)

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Default Problems with 2007-06-06 ßDetection rules (beta)

I received the following message while attempting to scan with the update file:
    • ßDetection rules (beta) - Updated detections (7 KB) - 2007-06-06

Warning

There were problems in the include file C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search _Destroy\Indudes\Beta.sbi
    See 'Include errors.log' for details.

[OK]
    Content of C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs\Include errors.log:

Code:
    C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\Beta.sbi | Zlob.DNSChanger | (85\.255\.11[0-9]{1}\.[0-9]{1,3}[.]?[\n]?)+

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Esteemed Member

Just updated (including beta.sbi), restarted Spybot, scanned. Did not get any error message. I don't seem to have an Include errors log, possibly because I've never encountered an error with Spybot :-).
    XPhome SP2 all updates.

I forced another download of the Beta.sbi file. I am still getting the error (see attachment).

The attributes of my Beta.sbi are:
    • File: C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\Beta.sbi
    • Size: 6932
    • CRC-32: C58780BA
    • MD5: 6279D600532E271AEDDF5DFA9A32A84E
    • SHA1: 323C30B782620F9D9A95BE3603612EBBDFBC069B
    • Time stamp: Wednesday, June 06, 2007 12:47:00 PM

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Thanks md usa spybot fan, I will direct Team attention to this topic.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Retired

Hi md usa spybot fan,

I think the problem is that you did only downloaded the beta.sbi and not the so called "ßTCP/IP Settings Plugin" that is also available as a beta update in the included update function.

regards,
    Markus

You are correct. I did not download the ßTCP/IP Settings plugin because I was waiting for an answer to the following thread:

After Yodama's response to the thread referenced above, I download following beta update and was able to scan with ßDetection rules (beta) from 2007-06-06 without the error reoccurring:
    • ßTCP/IP Settings plugin - !TCP/IP Settings plugin (65 KB) - 2007-06-06
    Last edited by md usa spybot fan; 2007-06-12 at 16:31.

Default Similar problem, fix doesn't work though

I was running the S&D on v. 1.4 after downloading the latest updates as I always do. It gave me a similar error as in this thread, about the includes file not being right, but it was for the TrojansC

Warning

There were problems in the include file C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search _Destroy\Indudes\TrojansC.sbi
    See 'Include errors.log' for details.

Like the other poster, I can't find any include errors.log.

I followed the instructions in this thread, as well as the FAQs, manually downloaded that TCPIP download and extracted it after shutting down Spybot, and the error keeps coming up. Once I click the warning's OK button, the S&D continues to the end and gives me a "no threats found" message. I don't think it's really working properly or it wouldn't give me this warning error message.

Help?

Default Same here..same problem, fix does not work

I have the same exact problem as the poster before me. HELP....what can be done...Any suggestions appreciated!
    Thanks.

smok22:
    creolainmysoula:

I really don't believe that either of you are experiencing Problems with the "2007-06-06 ßDetection rules (beta)", so the solutions in this 10 month old thread do not apply.

The current errors with the Trojans.sbi file that started with the 2008-04-09 updates are caused by new detection rules that are incompatible with Spybot 1.4. These new detection rules use the new Anti-Rootkit plugins #1, #2 and #3 that only have been offered as updates to Spybot 1.5.2. If you upgrade to Spybot 1.5.2 you will not only eliminate the error messages but in also will be performing rootkit searches while doing a Spybot "Check for problems".