Thread: Total Number of Immunizations-II

Default Total Number of Immunizations-II

I've got a total of 35,000+ after immunizing today's update. It showed 12,000+ new products. The post below mine has way less. What should it be?

Oops, sorry, XPSP2

clicked wrong. No way to cancel. sorry.

Is there another administrator account logged on?
    With the other account logged on,I get 30443(think that's what it was,or somewhere thereabout.)

This should help explain why the different count if you do have another admin count logged on(you can ignore the actual numbers,since it's a couple months old post):
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...+Administrator
    Also,have a look here:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...+Administrator

Default Only one account

Thanks, Zenobia. I only have one account as Admin. I've got 35,443. Guess there is really nothing to worry about after reading your links. I was just curious though after seeing Jimbo40 had only 25,000+.

Have a good day

You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Judah View Post
    I've got a total of 35,000+ after immunizing today's update. It showed 12,000+ new products.
    This happened to me after the recent update too, and even after reading Zenobia's links I still don't understand. There is only one user on this computer (me, as Administrator); I haven't changed anything recently in the way my computer is set up (XP SP2). So why would there suddenly be such a huge increase in the number of 'new products'?

A second point: when I now check the immunization, I get a message telling me that 'all known bad products are already blocked', but there's no mention of how many, so I can't check the number. How do I check the number, please?
    Last edited by Alan D; 2007-06-07 at 09:05.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan D View Post
    So why would there suddenly be such a huge increase in the number of 'new products'?
    After the 2007-06-06 updates there are 2195 more entries being added to the Restricted Zone by Domain (Site Name) than there were with the 2007-05-30 updates (3366 on 2007-05-30 vs. 5561 on 2007-06-06). In your system these apparently are being added to six (6) different registry hives so your immunization count should have gone from 22273 on 2007-05-30 to 35443 on 2007-06-06.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan D View Post
    A second point: when I now check the immunization, I get a message telling me that 'all known bad products are already blocked', but there's no mention of how many, so I can't check the number. How do I check the number, please?
    Click the "Immunize" button (big green plus sign followed by the word "Immunize") at the top of the right pane.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    Click the "Immunize" button (big green plus sign followed by the word "Immunize") at the top of the right pane.
    So simple! Thank you. I can't believe I didn't try that, but so it is.

In your system these apparently are being added to six (6) different registry hives so your immunization count should have gone from 22273 on 2007-05-30 to 35443 on 2007-06-06.
    Well.... actually it now tells me there are 29733 (which I see from your post in the other thread is exactly as expected for a single user/administrator), though I felt sure it was more than that just after the update.

Why would I have 6 different registry hives? This whole issue completely baffles me, I'm afraid.
    Last edited by Alan D; 2007-06-07 at 16:31.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Alan D:

Your count would have gone from 18758 to 29733 or the same count reported in the following thread (which seems to have stimulated Judah's starting the thread you're currently posting in):

Your Restricted Zone by Domain (Site Name) entries are apparently being added to five (5) different registry hives not six (6) because your count is not 35443 that was being discussed in this thread. See the following post and see if it helps explain:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.