Thread: TCP/Ip Plug In

Default TCP/Ip Plug In

Hi

I noticed in the last update i had a box to tick for the TCP/Ip plug in, i ticked it, but i am not sure what it does.

I know it is silly to allow things you are not sure of, but i figured if you can't trust here where can you trust

One more thing at the momment i am not using tea timer, but i always download any update for it. So when i do decide to use tea timer i am up to date , will this cause a problem.

Please bare with me as i am not the sharpest tool in the shed

Cheers Pedropete
    Last edited by pedropete; 2007-06-13 at 15:41.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

That update is the same as the one discussed here:

Quote Originally Posted by Yodama View Post
    hi,

some malware (for instance Zlob.DNSChanger) are able to change the computer's TCP/IP settings. In case of Zlob.DNSChanger bad DNS Servers are entered.
    The TCP/IP settings plugin enables Spybot to use new rules which can detect IP addresses entered by malware and exchange them with non harmful entries.

Further plugins will enable Spybot to increase its set of rules and rule parameters without the need for a new main update. Thus the plugins make Spybot more flexible.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

I have noticed that after I installed the TCP/IP plugin I am having issues sending email via OUTLOOK 2000 ( fully patched ), running windows XP home edition ( fuly patched ).

how do I unistall the plugin to verify ?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

JohnCorbin:

The "TCP/IP Settings plugin" appears to be just an unregistered dll file (TCPIPAddress.dll) that was placed in the following location:
    • C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Plugins

The TCPIPAddress.dll only appears to load with SpybotSD.exe and therefore should not have any affect on anything except Spybot – Search & Destroy (SpybotSD.exe) when you are running it.

Move the file to another location and rename it if you think it is a problem, but I think you're looking in the wrong place for the cause of your problem.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Hi...

Whenever I run into issues on my PC, the first thing I look at is what I have installed recently on my PC.

The problem has corrected itself but am not sure what caused it. It was just bad timing is all that my problem started right after I applied updates to SpyBot S&D.

This is a great product.. keep up the good work !!!!