Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Spybot 1.5 beta bugs and false positives.

The next installer should be able to remove that IE entry as well, yes. Meanwhile, you could remove it with the small registry file I posted in another beta topic here, or with RunAlyzer, or with IEs integrated add-on management.

The next beta will be available as soon as I've debugged the TeaTimer 64 bit processes thing.

Meanwhile, we're nearly finished rewriting the whole immunization stuff, to be more consistent and to feature the following:
    • Firefox: Installations
    • Firefox: Popups
    • Firefox: Cookies
    • Firefox: Images
    • Opera: Plugins
    • Opera: Cookies
    • Opera: Popups
    • Opera: Content
    • IE: Cookies
    • IE: Domains
    • IE: IP ranges
    • IE: Plugins
    • Windows: Hosts
    (Firefox means all Mozilla-type browsers actually, probably should rename it; IE means 32 and 64 bit, Opera means Opera 4 and newer, including 9)
    Since this will use a new UI (which is not finished), I'm not sure if it will make it's way into the 1.5 immediately, but if not, I'll make a stand-alone test available. If you want to see more on this list, please let me know.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Pepi, you may as well wait and finish all this to include in 1.5 Final. Beta testing till then!

One more thing I noticed, when I go to TOOLS, HOSTFILE and RE-add host file, it happens so fast! Older version was slower cause it was checking to make sure there was no double entries in there. Is this still true, or is this added speed by design? or a bug? possbily part of what you mentioned in previouse post?

That's improved code - it's still checking for duplicates as before
    The new method needs a bit more memory while doing that operation, but I think the speed improvement is worth that.

Screenshot of new immunization:

Ignore the window frame around it; that's just because I obviously test it separately. Also, this is the "advanced view", I need to come up with a much simplified view to get the "one-click-and-done" feeling back and not overtax the regular user who might not care about all this.

That looks awesome!! Please complete this part for 1.5 Final. Should be a welcomed thing by all!

Maybe just make the top button say "IMMUNIZE ALL" and all possible things are CHECKED and added at that time.

Added memeory now prob, cause that is a MAJOR speed increase here!

Hi Pepi, lookin good!

Yeah a back arrow would do the trick!

I didn't think to right-click, typical. I also like the "Set as Default Mirror", nice! Sorry I didn't take better note of what happened when I installed. I did try to elaborate but the time for editing had past, Could've double posted I suppose but I didn't. Now I think about it, when I first started the beta after installing, it ran the "First-time wizard" I clicked to set a restore point, it seemed to freeze for a while and I let it go, when I came back it was still running, (same spot - no next button). No sure what that was about. I just shut it and restarted it (SB) and it was fine after that (except for my last post that is). Everything seems to be working fine since then.

Sorry didn't answer your question! I cant remember exactly now what settings, but I' sure it went back to the default view (I had it on advanced).
    Last edited by JedMeister; 2007-06-29 at 18:32.

Back to the immunizer: there's a quick overview panel at the top now, and we did some more testing.

What's missing now is a progress animation (if you ask why so playful: because the animation would show that its still working even if it stops for a moment when undoing huge amounts of things in the Firefox profiles)... I thought about a brick wall that slowly gets built up, stone after stone... if anyone is really good at that stuff, please make suggestions
    Otherwise I'll give it an attempt myself

Not tomorrow though, but I hope I'll have some demo (either standalone or already integrated into a new full thing) Thursday!

how about a man and a woman, naked and she ............... Umm, guess this needs to be "G" rated. Never mind