Thread: Yellow line, not red. Error or not?

Default Yellow line, not red. Error or not?

Today I tried RunAlyzer for the first time. Last week I spent many hours to get rid of trojan horses, Smitfraud-C.Toolbar888 and Virtumonde. It seems like I succeded by SpybotSD, Adaware and HijackThis.

Due to this I've become very focused on security and found your online tool very interesting. After the online dialog I could see that one spesific line in the folder "Explorer plugins" was marked in yellow. This key;

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{7131646D-CD3C-40F4-97B9-CD9E4E6262EF}]
    "ComponentID"=".NETFramework"
    @=".NET Framework"
    "Locale"=""
    "Version"="2,0,50727,0"

In Regedit the four lines above looks like this:
    (Standard) REG_SZ .NET Framework
    ComponentID REG_SZ .NET Framework
    Locale
    Version REG_SZ 2,0.50727,0

No spesified Filename or Company. The line is marked yellow, not red. What does that mean? Is this a key related to the NET framework which I installed some weeks ago or? Any idea what to do?

Esteemed Member

That key simply registers the fact that you have .NET framework 2 installed.

.NET Framework (which comes as versions 1.1, 2 and 3 that can run side by side on the PC, because the versions are not completely backwards compatible) is a Microsoft coding environment used by some software developers as the framework within which their application is written (more or less analogous to Virtual Basic, etc.) The use of that software then requires runtime components of .NET framework (of appropriate version, depending on which was used by the developer) to be installed.

Since you installed .NET Framework 2, just leave the key alone.
    I don't know why it is colour coded yellow in runalyzer, but I would interpret that as meaning OK, but optional (i.e. only those who have .NET Framework installed would have that key).

PS the colour coding is explained in
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=3057
    Last edited by Rosenfeld; 2007-03-16 at 17:52.

i installed .net f1..is it necessary to install frame work2?

You should have all three versions of the .NET framework just in case you need them. Some programs require them to be installed in order to function (an example would be drivers for an ATI video card).

Red would be bad, green would be good. Yellow simply means that it wasn't decided in the first run yet, probably because the missing file. Looks quite valid though, so it should be flagged green soon
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)