Thread: Requesting new feature for the next version...

Default Requesting new feature for the next version...

Hi there,

as my very first post, I'd like to request a new feature.

It would be nice to see added in the (near) future to SpyBot an "Update from a folder" option, instead of only while connected to the Internet; this would be very nice because sometimes we simply don't have (in a infected machine) access to the Internet ! In this situation we could d/l any update on another 'clean' machine and, using a removable/portable device, update SpyBot in the 'not-so-clean' machine...

What do you all guys have to say about this ?

Thanks a lot,

--ThundernetBR

Quote Originally Posted by ThundernetBR View Post
    Hi there,

as my very first post, I'd like to request a new feature.

It would be nice to see added in the (near) future to SpyBot an "Update from a folder" option, instead of only while connected to the Internet; this would be very nice because sometimes we simply don't have (in a infected machine) access to the Internet ! In this situation we could d/l any update on another 'clean' machine and, using a removable/portable device, update SpyBot in the 'not-so-clean' machine...

What do you all guys have to say about this ?

Thanks a lot,

--ThundernetBR
    I think it sounds like a great idea!!! But that's just me!

There are three things you can already do:
    • You can just copy'n'paste the Includes folder and/or the DLL files, there's no magic involved in that really
    • Or take the Updates\*.zip files from the clean machine, and extract them on the offline machine (help.*.zip goes into the Help\ folder, includes.*.zip goes into the Includes\ folder, ...).
    • Or download the "manual installers", second to fourth entry on the download page, copy them over to the offline machine and install them there.
    Not sure if a "Update from folder" would be more comfort than the manual installers?
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)