Thread: New Interface & Firefox for S&D 1.5?

Default New Interface & Firefox for S&D 1.5?

Hello,

I downloaded Spybot Search and Destroy 1.5 Beta from www.filehippo.com (A Fantastic site) on the 19th of June, and I am wondering this:

Why hasn't the interface changed??? Or is it going to be implemented into the final release of Spybot 1.5??? I noticed the Recovery Tool Icon has changed, and the update window has changed too...Also scanning is alot faster on my system (Windows XP SP2)...

anyway, going back to final release of Spybot 1.5, Will thier be any MAJOR Changes/Updates/Fixes? like new features? Or is that confidential for now?

Ohhhh, and adding support for Firefox :D

Cheers...
    Last edited by 3xist; 2007-06-20 at 09:27.

A list of changes is available here, for example. The major stuff is all under the hood - mostly more PE and 64 bit support, many new detection techniques (of which some are available through some updates for 1.4 already for some time), and the improved linking between detections (see where I mentioned TLAs... I guess I really should invent one to be able to refer to it somewhat shorter ).

The GUI won't really change (the red cross was just switched to a green cross for trademark reasons) for the final 1.5, but we'll start a from-the-scratch GUI for 2.0 as soon as 1.5 is out (or maybe earlier ).

Firefox is already supported, has been for a long time (there are at least 4 or 5 different browsers of the Mozilla line supported). Just not immunization (which, thanks to no ActiveX available in Firefox except if you use some tricky things, isn't that critical really), which should be available as an update soon after the final.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Default Please update the Spybot Help files!

another thing to do before the final release of Spybot 1.5 is to update the Spybot help files, especially the english.chm file. contains some oudated info and mentions spybot 1.4.

good thing that spybot 1.5 works under win95 and vista. I can't say the same thing for ad-aware 2007 which does not work under vista
    Last edited by noel-pr7; 2007-06-23 at 01:05.

Quote Originally Posted by 3xist View Post
    Hello,

I downloaded Spybot Search and Destroy 1.5 Beta from www.filehippo.com (A Fantastic site) on the 19th of June, and I am wondering this:

The FileHippo.com site no longer has the latest build of Spybot 1.5 beta, 3xist.

Download the latest beta (which is now 1.5.1.12 released June 21) at the official Spybot site instead from here.

Qué bueno!!!!!!!! Ya era hora que actualizaran el S&D
    Diego Gonzalez ♂♂
    Mi web: http://virgodorado.spaces.live.com
    CA/CF: Mario Kart DS 532692833974