Thread: crawler toolbar

Default crawler toolbar

Hello,

I have a question about Crawler Toolbar. Is it safe to install ? Does it contain any spyware, mallware or other "friends" ?
    On their website there is "Following list shows major antispyware companies that consider Crawler Toolbar clean and safe:". SpyBot is there. Is this true ?

Thanks in advance,
    OJi.

Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

I would like to add:

To the best of my knowledge Safer Networking Limited (Spybot-S&D) doesn't certify any products as "clean and safe". I'll bet that Crawler.com, Inc. never asked for nor received any kind if certification from Safer Networking Limited (Spybot-S&D) that their toolbar was "clean and safe".

My guess is that legally speaking there is little or nothing to stop companies from claiming in their advertising hype that the "Following list shows major antispyware companies that consider Crawler Toolbar clean and safe" merely because those products do not actively detect their software as malware.

On the other hand, their advertising hype does not say that the listed "major antispyware companies" even evaluated the product let alone recommended it.

I suggest that you:
    1. Evaluate what benefit downloading the "Crawler Toolbar" has for you.
    2. Read the following two(2) Web pages and decide if the sharing of the information collected is something you are willing to live with (Note: In order to visit each of the following sites listed an attempt is made nineteen (19) times to store cookies on your system):

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Thanks for the reply. Both of you.

Thanks again.