Thread: Error with Ad-Aware 2007

Default Error with Ad-Aware 2007

I get this error message when I start the new ver. of Ad-Aware 2007:
    System settings protector
    Error signature:
    AppName: teatimer.exe AppVer: 1.5.0.6 ModName: unknown
    ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 30ae1682
    When I click on the close message it comes back up and will not close, the only way that I can get rid of the box is by restarting.
    If I exit Spybot to run Ad-Aware I will not get the error.
    Any help?
    marffin

Quote Originally Posted by marffin View Post
    I get this error message when I start the new ver. of Ad-Aware 2007:
    System settings protector
    Error signature:
    AppName: teatimer.exe AppVer: 1.5.0.6 ModName: unknown
    ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 30ae1682
    When I click on the close message it comes back up and will not close, the only way that I can get rid of the box is by restarting.
    If I exit Spybot to run Ad-Aware I will not get the error.
    Any help?
    marffin
    Have you posted your question on LavaSoft forum yet? It seems a lot of people are having problems with the latest version (2007), which you mentioned you are using. Also, what OS are you using on your machine? Again there are tons of problems with Ad-Aware 2007 and Vista (any version)

***Guesswork***
    I am just *offering a guess* here, but it looks as though Ad-Aware 2007 and teatimer are "working on" the same file or else Ad-aware is scanning a file that is protected by teatimer.

If you are running Ad-aware manually, try closing teatimer before the scan... if you are running it automatically, see if you can schedule teatimer to stop prior to the scan and restart once scan is completed (this is pretty easy to do in versions of windows up to XP, vista is another story).

Hope this helps.

I'm using Windows XP, and the error message happens when I start the Ad-Aware and not when I start the scan. As for closing teatimer I'll have to tell you that I not that computer smart and don't know how to close it, so if you could let me know and I'll give it a try.
    marffin

Well, as for the timing, I do not know if that makes a difference as Ad-Aware is starting up, it is likely loading some modules that are causing the conflict.
    Try either one of these 2 methods (not both as they do the same thing) to end teatimer before your Ad-Aware scan:
    1. I do not have teatimer installed on a computer that I can verify this information right now, but there should be an icon in your bottom-right-corner for it (it may be hidden by your double arrows pointing left). Right click on that and you should see either "close" or "exit".
    2. If you do not see that icon or want to tray another way to stop teatimer, the easiest way is to end it in task manager (Start --> Run --> taskmgr (click OK)) then make sure you are on the "Processes" tab. Once in the processes tab, click on the heading where it says "Image Name" and then scroll down till you see teatimer.exe, click it one time then click the button that says "End Process".
    Now start Ad-Aware, and run your scan. Seems like a lot of steps but once you do it one or two times, you should just zip through it.
    a very wise man once stated:
    "If you seek an answer, ask politely, if you know the answer, answer knowingly." -- Thanks Grandpa
    ----
    If you follow rules and etiquette people will be more helpful.

That worked, and thanks for the help.
    marffin

My pleasure to be of service
    a very wise man once stated:
    "If you seek an answer, ask politely, if you know the answer, answer knowingly." -- Thanks Grandpa
    ----
    If you follow rules and etiquette people will be more helpful.