Thread: This and that

Quote Originally Posted by noel-pr7 View Post
    good thing that Spybot 1.5 does work under Vista, unlike Lavasoft's new Ad-Aware 2007 software which crashes under Vista. Looks like they forgot to make their latest software compatible with Vista and they do admit that Ad-Aware 2007 is incompatible with Vista.

thumbs down for lavasoft
    I don't often relish in a company's bad fortune, but Lavasoft is the perfect example of how not to develop a product. (I think they took this out of the Microsoft school or development).

If you read here, their Director of Communications & PR posts an announcement on April 24, 2007. Weird thing about this announcement is that they were 6 weeks out from their "promised" release date and discovered that they would NOT be able to make product Vista compatible.

They ended up putting out an inferior product so that they could meet their deadline. And when they finally did put it out, they were so proud of it, here is their pinned announcement to all the fan-fare!! They must have been so proud:
    Ad-Aware 2007 will be released today at 2 p.m. Central European Time.
    Watch www.lavasoft.com and the Lavasoft company blog for details.
    I will never understand why a company would do that, if the product is not up to par, people would rather have to wait for a product that works than meeting the deadline with one that does not work or worse breaks things. All I can figure is that it must have been financial motivation -- and that is very sad.
    a very wise man once stated:
    "If you seek an answer, ask politely, if you know the answer, answer knowingly." -- Thanks Grandpa
    ----
    If you follow rules and etiquette people will be more helpful.

Split off and moved from the 'Spybot-S&D Beta Forum'.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=13375&page=2
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016