Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: exclude list

now it is remembering the things I dont want to DL, the exclude list is maintained! now, not sure why it wasnt.

I been playing with it, rebooted and done some of my normal stuff, to see if I could find a reason why it wasnt maintaining the list, but, cant find it yet

Esteemed Member

This is just a wild guess. Do you use Fast User Switching at any time? If so, try switching just before performing one of these tests.

I'm only suggesting this since it's been known to create issues with Cookie Exclusions in the past. I'd think this would have been fixed as part of the Limited/Multiple User improvements, but who knows, since I don't use FUS myself.

Bitman

Quote Originally Posted by bitman View Post
    This is just a wild guess. Do you use Fast User Switching at any time? If so, try switching just before performing one of these tests.

I'm only suggesting this since it's been known to create issues with Cookie Exclusions in the past. I'd think this would have been fixed as part of the Limited/Multiple User improvements, but who knows, since I don't use FUS myself.

Bitman
    I had similiar thoughts on this. I dont use FUS, matter of fact, I dont even have it on my rig. I used NLITE to make my install disc, and with this tool I take alot of the crap out of windows. Which includes FUS, so its not even in my services to.

I did run client, make all EXCLUDES, restart client. Then tryed again, running client, then tryed again rebooting rig and doing some other things.

I cant find a reason for it yet, but am still looking. It seems to be remembering things fine now, but didnt at first.

Hmmm... one loss of changes is when you make changes, then do an update that restarts Spybot-S&D. I probably should save changes wheneve a change is made, not just at the end, and test if SBSD can be shut down more carefully by the updater
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Hello,

the problem is still not solved.

my problem is that when i select a update (english descriptions) then i do right clic and choose "add to exclude list" it disappear from the list of update but when i restart spybot s&d it reappear.

second things there are two way to update : on the left side and in the middle and the look is different. To the left it stop on a screen to ask "display beta" and "display update for all language", on the middle we see this screen but it stop not and we cannot fill wat wee wants

thanks

benoit

benoit

Pepi is looking in to it. Wait till the next BETA client to test, to see if it then fixxed. There has been so many little fixxes and such, that its best to wait till then to re-evaluate things.

hello

ok sorry

thanks to all of you that help us

it is true it is not an urgency there are maybe other problem

thanks

benoit

The difference between the two buttons is intended, and actually the same way as it has been in previous versions. The left shortcut bar item did also just open the update section, now it opens the update application.
    The "quick" button on the intro page did already open the update section and started looking for updates, and now it does the same with the external updater application
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Talking

its not a BUG, its a FEATURE!

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    The difference between the two buttons is intended, and actually the same way as it has been in previous versions. The left shortcut bar item did also just open the update section, now it opens the update application.
    The "quick" button on the intro page did already open the update section and started looking for updates, and now it does the same with the external updater application
    Hello,

ok thanks

but the left button stopt upon a screen to let us a choice "display beta updates" or "display update for all languages" the button in the middle stopt not upon this screen. Is it normal ?