Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: exclude list

Default exclude list

Hello

in version 1.5 when i exclude some update the program retain that not.

i close the program after i check the exclude (whith right click on the mouse in the menu) but when i open the program the list is always there.

Hello,

is it a bug or i have a problem ?

when i exclude some update the follow scan they are always there.

Thanks for a response.

Benoit

To be honest, the problem currently is with me, since I do not understand what you described From what you described, I cannot reproduce this. Whether I add something to the exclude list from the results list, or from the Settings->Ignore Products page, it just works.

You could start with naming the version you are referring to, for example (there was an inofficial 1.5 beta version from Neowin for example, one officially released by us without giving a "name" besides "1.5 beta", and then we added real numbers, e.g. the current 1.5.1.12).
    And then let us know if the list on Settings -> Ignore Products will show those entries you clicked as checked or not.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

I believe that benoit is talking about excluding items from the "Search for updates" listing.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Ah, sorry, I somehow missed the word "update"

That works here as well though. Please check if you have the file C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Excludes\UpdateDL.sbe, since that stores the exclude list.

Another reason might be the "protection" for those files; if you modify one by hand, Spybot-S&D will recognize that and revert back to the original state (no excludes in this case).

Is anyone else able to reproduce this?
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

I cant check this cause I actually DO GET all availible updates.

Guess I could choose to see other langauges and then exclude them. Let me try that, brb

ok, normally I DO NOT choose to see other languages, cause I dont know but ONE (english). I made change to settings to show them. Then restarted client. Checked for updates and all the extras were now shown. I then selected the three options for brazilian language (help, help for TeaTimer, language file), ADD TO EXCLUDE LIST. Restarted client, checked for updates and the option for these three languages are infact made present again!

So something is broke in EXCLUDE portion of SB.

also would like to note, that I have on 4 occasions found some of my cookies, that I have choosen to IGNOR (save) to be unchecked, even though I have choosen to save them prior. This is really just ONE cookie that keeps getting unchecked, and this is to the SPYBOT FORUM! go figure!!

Also, were did the shredder options go? Cant find them in this version
    Last edited by wk357mag; 2007-06-25 at 15:54.

Quote Originally Posted by wk357mag View Post
    ok, normally I DO NOT choose to see other languages, cause I dont know but ONE (english). I made change to settings to show them. Then restarted client. Checked for updates and all the extras were now shown. I then selected the three options for brazilian language (help, help for TeaTimer, language file), ADD TO EXCLUDE LIST. Restarted client, checked for updates and the option for these three languages are infact made present again!

So something is broke in EXCLUDE portion of SB.
    Hello

yes it' that sorry for my english and my poor explanation.
    version 1.5.1.12
    french version but i will exclude the english update from documentation
    thanks

benoit

Pepi

I chose to exclude these same languages again and this time it remembered them. Weird

Sometimes it remembers to keep my spybot forum cookies, but sometimes it forgets too and cleans just that one!