Thread: Removing Info boxes at start-up of Spybot

Unhappy Removing Info boxes at start-up of Spybot

Dear Users...

Just installed the latest version of Spybot S&D Ver 1.4. When my Windows Xp starts up, about 5 to 10 small little windows pop-up (tiled up on each other) informing me about something (they dissapear so fast that I can't really read them!!). It looks like they are warning messages that something was blocked.

I would guess these messages are coming from "Tea Timer". Can't find where to look up these warnings or alter the settings to these pop-up messages.

Can anyone help by telling me how to turn these messages off?

Greatly appreciated.
    Greg

p.s Did some searches on this forum but I can't even formulate an adequate query since I'm not sure what these pop-ups are. These pop-ups where not their in the old version of Spybot I was running before.
    Last edited by tashi; 2007-06-26 at 04:18. Reason: Moved from the Tavern.

I think you might be getting those boxes popping up if you clicked 'Remember This Decision',when selecting Allow or Deny when Teatimer popped up.

If you would like to see what these might be,you could open Spybot,click mode->advanced mode->Tools->Resident,and look at the resident log,and look at any items that keep being logged over and over again.If you aren't too sure what they are,you could copy a portion of the log and post it here.

If Teatimer's Allow and Deny boxes do not look right,please see here:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=13652

To remove an entry or entries from the Black &White list,rightclick Teatimer down by the clock,and select Settings,which will bring up the Black & White list.
    You should see four things at the top of the Black & White list,Allowed Processes,Blocked Processes,Allowed Registry Changes,Blocked Registry Changes.You can click each one until you find the item you want to remove. Then click the black X beside the item to remove it,say Yes to the prompt,then click OK.If you remove anything,Teatimer will just prompt you once again if it encounters the change.
    Last edited by Zenobia; 2007-06-25 at 23:47.

Can't you stop them? Sometimes you get a program that keeps wanting to write to the reg and little boxes appear for each one - very annoying. This makes me end up allowing it!

Talking Thank you Zenobia and PeterBailey

Thank you for your help. I checked the logs like you suggested. I saw nothing very unusual. The pop-ups stop appearing though. I think PeterBailey saw what I saw -- bunch of pop-ups from programs trying to write to the registry. I went ahead and allowed them to write. Too bad there isn't a way to manage these pop-ups aside from going to the black & white list.

Thanks again for the help...

gfierro