Thread: Spybot keeps freezing . . . same spot!!!

Angry Spybot keeps freezing . . . same spot!!!

hi there - i recently downloaded version 1.4, and am very frustrated because i cannot get it to work on my laptop. i had been running an older version that worked fine. below is the email that i sent to technical support. i've since tried everything they've suggested and it still freezes everytime at the same spot!! i've also already uninstalled it and reinstalled it. any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

first email i sent:

everytime i run the check for problems scan it freezes at the same spot. at
    the bottom left of the dialog box it says - running bot check 6039/672090:
    coolWWWsearch. that is the same spot it freezes at everytime. i've already
    tried reading the FAQ about scans freezes, and i have tried all the suggestions
    but it still freezes.

here's the second one:

i was able to get it go past that point finally by running it at the lowest priority. however i got an ERROR message that read . . . ! CoolWWWSearch.HomeSearch[29] (Access violation at address 047C1871 in module 'advcheck.dll'. Read of address 445C3A3)

i get numerous error messages like this - and also with other names/addresses. the scan stops shortly after this and says scan aborted by user . . . even though i didn't abort the scan?

HELP!

Unhappy

I am having the same problem.

Angry computer freezes on running spybot 1.4

Computer freezes at any spot on running spybot 1.4. Previous version 1.3 ran without problems. Tried switching of one of the CPU's - no success - still freezes. Running windows xp, HTT computer.
    Any fixes????

Default I'm freezing at same spot - toward end of scan

I downloaded updates today. I have been running 1.4 with no problem for awhile. When I ran it today it froze toward the end. The last status message looked like "S-1-5-(something) Bookmark". I'm going from memory so the exact phrase may is not complete.

I rebooted the computer and tried again. The same thing happened. I think it has something to do with the current update set.

Default Spybot freezing - a solution?

Solved the freezing problem with a clean of the cpu heat sink. Spybot ran right through after that - no problems.
    Clogging of the cpu heat sink may be a problem with HTT computers. My computer is about 18 mths old - hence i didnt expect it would need a clean at this time (i regularly clean my other older computers about every 3 years). The heat sink design is a little unusual to what i have seen in older computers -it is large and has a spiral vane design - with the vanes fairly close together. Clogging with dust occurred at the very top of the heat sink just under the fan - the rest of the heat sink was clean.
    Hope this helps others.
    PS: A new use for Spybot - early overheating warning!

Angry I have same problem with Scan Aborted by User

I am having exactly the same problem. I am assuming that there is some spyware tricking spybot and am afraid to use the computer with sensitive info. Any ideas?

Hello,

If you are running Spybot - Search & Destroy on a system that has Hyperthreading Technology (HTT) please read the following thread:

Spybot-S&D will not complete a scan?
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=110

Here is another post that might help:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...90&postcount=4

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot