Thread: Grr! RUNDDL/System 32 Spyware!

Angry Grr! RUNDDL/System 32 Spyware!

Well, by the "Grr!" you can tell I'm mad. This Spyware is one of them continuously spawning spywares whenever the computer starts up. Really messin' me off bad. It at random times disconnects my Internet.

Anyways, it's titled "ABetterInternet" A Better internet my donkey. My friend from like MIT said to Google it, and I went to another Spwyare Website. -.-

I remember I used Spybot S&D to get rid of it. But I have to do it every day! It's so annoying!

Is there any sure way to get rid of it permanently? It's on a System32 .exe file, so I'm not sure if it's completely safe to just delete that.

My friend also said it might have an extra file it uses to copy itself. Any ideas? By the way, that spyware site I went to, my computer so far is unable to find the spyware that might possibly be on it.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Oh, and Spybot S&D says that little message about something like "Value Deleted" and it opens at System Start up if I delete Spyware or I change my desktop pitcture, or if I change my screen saver. But with this spyware, when I deleted it, that didn't happen.

For some reason, it must've infected a file or something, because it said something like "NvdCplDaemon" or something like that. Just incase that helps anybody.
    Last edited by Scincidae; 2007-07-01 at 20:56. Reason: Forgot something

hmm i dont really know anything, but if it starts up when you do, it might be a registry key, and this shouldnt be in the tavern...but ya DO NOT just got delete files or reg keys without some expert tell you to, try HijackThis, and when u download it, call it HJT so that way any viri hiding themselves from "HijackThis" are found...when u run it, DO NOT say "fix" for everything, just save a log, and when a pro gets back to you give them the log : )

i hope i helped...i am trying to train to be a pro : )
    ~Happy Hatchet, Juggalo for Life~

Alright, so I'll turn my computer on tommorow morning again, and then I'll log it. I'll also take a screen shot, and take just that out so you can see what it found.

Err uh...how do I Log spyware? ^^
    Last edited by Scincidae; 2007-07-02 at 01:08. Reason: How Do I Log?

Quote Originally Posted by Scincidae View Post
    Err uh...how do I Log spyware? ^^
    Shade is referring to HijackThis, a small program that the experts at this forum who do malware removal will probably want you to run.
    Basically, it scans certain parts of the registry where spyware often place themselves, to make sure they are run. After HJT has run, it produces a log of the entries it scanned, which the experts will want to see.

As Shade said, do not have it fix anything unless the person who works on your log specifically says to, most of what HJT finds is harmless, or needed for your computer to work properly.

You may wish to post in the malware removal section, so that an expert can help clean up the infection.

Before you do so however, make sure you read this, and follow the instructions given.