Thread: maybe someone could help me (update avi error)

Default maybe someone could help me (update avi error)

Hello to everybody...
    i have a problem :
    when i try to update Spybot S&D i have the "Cannot open avi" error.
    I read the topics from forum and i realized that in the past i try to instal Vista transformation pack (i dont know the version) and i f*up my files (the sistem files), because i didn't know how to install it correctly.
    Right now i can't uninstal vista transformation pack because i dont find the uninstaler exe for this.

So please enyone know what file (avi or dll, or whatelse) is about?

what avi files is missing or corrupt?
    and how could i replace it?

Forgive my english... and please give me a solution without reinstalling win xp...

Thank you again and forgive me if i look too stupid or dumb.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

ornfil:

There is a support forum for the Vista Transformation Pack. You could ask/find there what system modules are replaced.
    On the other hand, ibraheempindi was having a similar problem in this thread and they installed a later version to solve the problem:

If you install a later version of Vista Transformation Pack such as version 7 it may fix your problem. It also may allow you to uninstall the entire thing if desired.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default thank you i will try

Thank you for the hints,
    i will try to find out the files....

i solve temporarly my update problem with the update in the same manner : i instal vista transformation pack 7 and everyting works

But i don't like this VTP, and i uninstall it, of course after i uninstal the VTP 7, i have the same problem with the update because the initial (before installing VTP 7) sistem file was f*up and it was restored.

if i find the files i will post it, because maybe others are dumb like me