Thread: Immunize feature and Outlook 2003

Default Immunize feature and Outlook 2003

Hello all. =] I am a huge fan of Spybot S&D. I just encountered a bizzare issue today though with the Immunize feature. I am an IT support tech and was troubleshooting an issue at a clients house. The problem was, Outlook 2003 was responding slowly and taking a long time to open e-mails and such. I spent a good deal troubleshooting the PST files in Outlook and Antivirus software, but was to no avail. I searched on the internet and found a post on some site (I forget where) but the same question was posted. The reply for the fix was to disable the Immunize feature in SpybotS&D and "Undo" the changes made. I did this, and Outlook started working perfectly right away.

I guess I am just posting this to see if others have experienced this or if there is a reason why this occurs. Maybe I just don't know how the Immunize feature works technically, but disabling it fixed my slow Outlook issue. Any insight on tips regarding this I would be curious to know. =]

Thanks again for your time.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

See the following thread which has links to other threads and articles:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.