Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1.5 web update

Then there is the dual TeaTimers icons showing in the systray. Which isnt always present, and if I mouse over the one, it will disappear. Taskmanger shows just one there. I have been able to yet find out when and why it does this, but will keep working on it. Report back later!

(EDIT: to add, that i prolly should have started another topic here, sorry)

I just checked the installer, and indeed found that while we already try to remove some files and folders in application data, the newer Snapshots2 as well as Immunization.ini & Statistics.ini were not added there (they're now).
    See this bug entry I just created thanks to your report

Maybe with the help of scripting in the uninstaller, we could ask the user if he wants those uninstalled. Not sure if the kind of uninstalling user I referred to would really know what to choose there though...

The TeaTimer icon seems to be related to the hard shutdown and restart when updating libraries... we probably should use kind of a softer shutdown that would allow TeaTimer to notify the tray area that it's closing down (but then, we don't want TeaTimer to shut down to easily... LOL )
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    I just checked the installer, and indeed found that while we already try to remove some files and folders in application data, the newer Snapshots2 as well as Immunization.ini & Statistics.ini were not added there (they're now).
    See this bug entry I just created thanks to your report

Maybe with the help of scripting in the uninstaller, we could ask the user if he wants those uninstalled. Not sure if the kind of uninstalling user I referred to would really know what to choose there though...

The TeaTimer icon seems to be related to the hard shutdown and restart when updating libraries... we probably should use kind of a softer shutdown that would allow TeaTimer to notify the tray area that it's closing down (but then, we don't want TeaTimer to shut down to easily... LOL )
    I doubt that 99.9% of your users would know what do to with options during the uninstall proccess, so its prolly best to just leave it as is, especially since you have made the latest changes. People like me will just have to make the extra motions of actually deleting all the residual manually! Thanks for your attention on this!

Dual TT icons: Not a real big issue, as if you were to mouse of them, one will dissapear at that time. There is only one actual TT running in task manager at any time. When I stop TT from with in SpyBot and restart, it does it correctly. So I guess its just the HARD SHUTDOWN or possible CRASH that causes this dual icon. I have seen this twice now with most current install. I cant find away to make it happen, meaning, I cant make it happen again. I suspect maybe I saw this when I updated first time and SB restarted itself. Maybe during this installation of an update, it did a hard shutdown, leaving me with dual icons.

I wouldnt want a softer shutdown of TT. So guess this should be left alone as it doesnt happen much, most wont notice it and a mere restart will definitly take care of it. Of just a mouse-over will do it too.

Anyway, dont worry on it, keep in the back of your head should you find a way to make even a HARD shutdown/Crash of TT, notify the systray. This shouldnt be a priority at all. So please focus on other issues for release of 1.5Final.

How about this other colorblind file thing? Is this just a change in update server thats needed? Or is there really a newer file on line?

Hello,

have you think of the directory C:documents & settings/all users/application/spybot ...

i see this because after a "clean" install i saw always logs...