Thread: Blindman Application

Default Blindman Application

I am running ME (I know don't laugh) - when I open my spybot and click on updates I get a Warning Box saying {The external "Blindman" application has been corrupted. Please use the update function to get it again.} With only an OK button. I have searched for any info and came up with nada. It seems all other updates are loading and when I search for problems they seemed to be destroyed. I just keep getting this warning box?????? Thanks for any help.....

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Using Windows Explorer, navigate to:
    • C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy.
    Do you have the following file?
    • blindman.exe
    Last edited by md usa spybot fan; 2007-07-10 at 20:42.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

I don't see that file listed under C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy and when I search it doesn't come up - so I'm assuming no I don't have it.
    Last edited by sherbear; 2007-07-12 at 19:25.

Although I could attach a zipped copy of blindman.exe to this post, I hesitate doing that. If one file is missing from the C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy directory, others could be also.

I suggest that you go to Add/Remove Programs and uninstall "Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.x" (hopefully 1.4). Then reinstall the program.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Program removed and reloaded just fine. Thanks so much for your help!!

Sherbear:

Your welcome.

However, something just dawned on me that had slipped my mind. Do you run Norton Anitvirus? If so, I'm sorry but we could have probably just replaced blindman.exe. There was a problem a month and a half ago where Norton Anitvirus was detecting blindman.exe as a Trojan and deleting it if you opted to allow that. See the following thread:
    Last edited by md usa spybot fan; 2007-07-13 at 19:01.