Thread: temporarily disable?

Angry temporarily disable?

How do I temporarily disable Spybot? I have to use this CourseCompass for my class and it's not working, I get this status 500 message, they're saying it's a security program causing it, so it's either Spybot or Avast. I stopped Avast, so I guess it's Spybot. I unchecked TeaTimer, I don't know what else to do.

Hello,

You only need to disable the resident feature of Spybot - Search & Destroy.
    That´s the way to deactivate it: run Spybot-S&D, switch to the "Advanced mode" via the menu bar item "Mode" --> hit "YES" --> select "Tools" in the navigation bar on the left --> "Resident" and there you can untick the checkboxes in front of the two tools.

But warning! Then you won't have resident protection!

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Ok, thanks. It's still not working though. *sigh*

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

gin--:

I would like to help, but I personally don't know what "CourseCompass" is, can you elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by gin-- View Post
    ... I get this status 500 message, they're saying it's a security program causing it, ...
    Can you provide some more details about what "… they're saying …"? If it is the content of the "status 500 message" itself, please post the text of the message. If it is feedback from a Web posting, please post both the question asked and the feedback received. If it was a human contact, please post both sides of the conversation as best as you can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by gin-- View Post
    … so it's either Spybot or Avast.
    Since you apparently stopped both Avast and TeaTimer, is "CourseCompass" the only application running in the system?

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

http://www.coursecompass.com/

email from technical support:
    The corrupt cabinet file error most often occurs if you have any kind
    of security or internet filter that is not allowing the download to
    complete properly. When you tried to do step 8, did you save the file to
    your desktop or did you run it from the web?

With the status 500 error that you are seeing and this new corrupt
    cabinet file error, I believe you have a security program running somewhere
    on your computer that is blocking some of your internet traffic. Both
    errors are directly related to security or firewalls blocking content
    from the internet. Please review your system and make sure that you
    disable any kind of security or filtering software. This should alleviate
    both errors once you have them turned off.

I get the status 500 message when I click the links that are popups.

HTTP Status 500 -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: session is not authenticated.
    at com.coursecompass.webapp.mmlaccess.util.ContextUtil.getUser(ContextUtil.java:48)
    at com.coursecompass.webapp.mmlaccess.servlet.AccessServlet.doGet(AccessServlet.java:84)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
    at com.blackboard.custom.servlet.BbContextedHttpServlet.service(BbContextedHttpServlet.java:203)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:256)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2416)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:171)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:174)
    at blackboard.servletcontainer.tomcat.BbSessionValve.invoke(BbSessionValve.java:126)
    at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)
    at org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:263)
    at org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:360)
    at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:604)
    at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:562)
    at org.apache.jk.common.SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:679)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:619)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache Tomcat/4.1.27

Do you have a firewall or are you sitting behind a proxy server?

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

No firewall, don't know what a proxy server is.

Are you connected to the internet through an ISP (Internet Service Provider) or through a LAN (Local Area Network)?

If you are connected to the internet through an ISP and do not have a firewall, I personally don’t what the problem could be.

If you are connected to the internet through a LAN, contact your LAN administrator and ask what settings are required to use CourseCompass.

It's through an ISP. I actually tried it in Opera and Firefox and I didn't get the error, but it only let's you use IE.