Thread: Zlob.DNSChanger in my include errors.log

Question Zlob.DNSChanger in my include errors.log

I am getting an error when I run Spybot telling me it can not open something and to check the "include errors.log"

"include errors.log" has the following text:

C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\Trojans.sbi | Zlob.DNSChanger | (85\.255\.11[0-9]\.[1-2]?[0-9]{1,2}[,]?\s?)+(85\.255\.11[0-9]\.[1-2]?[0-9]{1,2}[,]?\s?)+

Windows Defender, ClamWin Antivirus, Hijack This, show nothing and except for the error SpyBot looks clean when it's ran. I've tried reinstalling Spybot, scaned it in safe mode, scanning it on start up, but I still get the same error. I'm using XP Service Pack 2. Any idea on how to fix this?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

re: The following message:

Warning

There were problems in the include file C:\Program Files\Spybot – Search Destroy\Indudes\Trojans.sbi See 'Include errors.log' for details.
    You need the TCP/IP plugin with the new rule set included in beta updates on 2007-06-06 and regular updates starting on 2007-06-13 or else you will get the above error.

The TCP/IP settings plugin enables Spybot to use new rules which can detect IP addresses entered by malware and exchange them with non harmful entries.

To download and install the TCP/IP plugin you either have to:
    1. Download the following update using the integrated update facility:
      • TCP/IP Settings plugin - !TCP/IP Settings plugin (65 KB) - 2007-06-06

--- or (if you do not use the integrated update facility) ---

2. Download and execute the following item from the Downloads Web page:
      • TCP/IP Plugin 1.0 - product description - product description
        md5: 7FD95B7E814EA2F56AEACE3613B4A0E9

This adds capabilities to find and replace malicious network settings. Only needed if you do not want to use the update function integrated into Spybot-S&D.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.