Thread: Scheduling

Default Scheduling

I have been running Spybot Ware and I had to reload my OS and lost it. I now have Sypbot S&D. I am trying to set the scheduler to run everyday at a certain time. It shows that it is scheduled but it never runs. Can someone help me?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

What Windows operating system are you using?

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Windows XP Home Edition

Hello,

Do you have admin rights?
    Did you enter a password?
    When you get this error message:
    “0x80070005: Access is denied" error message when you create a scheduled task in Windows XP Service Pack 2:
    http://www.2brightsparks.com/help/in...v2&id=167&c=17

Also see:
    - Scheduled Tasks cannot run with a blank password
    support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310715

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Yes I have admin rights, I created a password so it should now run? I never had to do this before for it to run is this something new?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Spybot uses the OS scheduler. In Windows XP the user account that adds the Schedule Tasks entry must have a password. See:

There is workaround for the password requirement in Windows XP that 100mill was considerate enough to share with us. See the following thread:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

I followed the instructions we will see if I did it correct. I tried the password for the administrator and it still did not run. Thanks for all the help, will let you know what happens.

Unhappy Charlesan

I've been struggling with the access denied error for some time. I'm not an expert at computers. I have set a password. The task appears in Task Scheduler with the note "could not start". I am administrator. Have no idea what to do next. If anybody answers, please assume I can barely spell computer. You'll be close to right. I'm even having trouble posting this. email replies welcome.
    Thanks

Just enter "NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM" in the "Run As" field of the Schedulers "Task" panel. no password required.

regards,