Thread: new adaware 07 trustworthy or not ?

Default new adaware 07 trustworthy or not ?

i installed adaware 07 pro into my (xp pro) system on the 8/07/07, then all of a sudden all hell broke lose
    ALL my desktop short cuts dont work ,when i tried
    to run my av (avg pro) i keep getting the message could not initialize avg anti virus kernel
    interface application cannot run,
    as well as system error 19811 has occured cannot load graphics, application terminates,
    all this started when i installed adaware.
    iv now noticed all my program files are missing from my hard drive (only zone alarm left)
    which leaves me with NO anti virus or anti spyware, no office, no music NO NOTHING

iv checked some more on google about this and it seems a common problem with adaware 07,
    iv tried mailing lavasoft about this but didnt get any reply ( no surprise there then)
    they are happy to take your money
    but when you need help they ignore you,
    so i now have a 2 year licence for a program that wrecked my system.
    the only programs that are currently working are the ones that are pre installed with windows
    ie: msn ,media player etc.

To anyone thinking of updating their se version to the new adaware 07 version
    i suggest you read the attached link before you do

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index...iew=getnewpost

it may just save your pc from the scrapheap

THE FOLLOWING IS A QUOTE FROM A LAVASOFT MODERATOR

QUOTE(LS Tobias @ Jul 9 2007, 04:41 PM)
    We do not igenore you. Support still has a back log but they answer all e-mails.

We are lookign into what may have caused the problem on your system.

Regards, Tobias

iv now installed a new hard drive and got my system up and running again, no thanks to lavasoft ,but this episode has left a very bitter taste in my mouth.
    i wont be reinstalling adaware 07 in to my new system as i dont trust it anymore.

but the question is will you ?
    btw:
    heres another interesting post from the lavasoft support forum that readers may be interested in !
    http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index...howtopic=10916
    Last edited by wayne.s; 2007-07-17 at 17:54.

Hello.

I understand your frustration, but please do not get into product bashing here. It needs to stay at the AAW forums.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Hello.

I understand your frustration, but please do not get into product bashing here. It needs to stay at the AAW forums.

Best regards.
    sorry not intended to product bash , i only wanted to express my views on this program, after what iv been through.
    i also wanted to let other readers make up their own minds on this thats why iv provided the link. again sorry