Thread: Error during check - access violation?

Question Error during check - access violation?

I have been using Spybot for a long time and have never seen this error message before:

"Error during check
    BDE Projector [42] (Access violation at address 7C918FEA in module 'ntdll.dll'. Write of address 01686228)"

There was a second one during the same scan with the same syntax but with CoolWWWSearch.WCADW [86] as the violation - otherwise exactly the same message.

Does this mean those programs were trying to access my computer during the scan and there is nothing to worry about - or is there something more sinister?

The scan completed and stated there were no problems.

Correction SPybot does not want to close after the scan - I have a runtime error 216 at 016768E6 and a Spybot Application Error, the instruction at "0x016768e6" referenced memory at "0x01814e54. The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program.
    It doesn't matter what I click on the program will not close - or at least the two error messages do not close.
    Last edited by davea; 2007-07-21 at 01:40. Reason: additional unexpected behaviour

Hello,

Which version of Spybot - Search & Destroy do you run?

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

The "About" page says version 1.4.

I did see the FAQ regarding the "error during check" but since 1.4 is the most up to date (not beta) version as far as I can see, I wasn't sure it applied.

I have run a new scan (new updates the other day) and all is good again. Thank you.