Thread: will the norton av crash with the spybot s&d?

Default will the norton av crash with the spybot s&d?

I am having a norton av 2007 in my computer, and i also want to install the spybot s&d. But i am scare that they will make conflicts. Can anybody tell me will it happen?

Hello.

You might want to read this topic: Either Safer Networking Ltd. or Symantec leaving the Anti Spyware Coalition...

Members have given their own experiences.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Hmm... after i have read the post that you gave me, i tried to download the soybot s&d to my computer. Amazingly, my norton av 2007 doesn't manage that it is "incompatibility" and need me to remove it. Then i try something that i scan the spybot s&d with my norton. Still... nothing happened.

: so, does it mean that the "incompatibility" problems has already been solved?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by azz000888 View Post
    ... so, does it mean that the "incompatibility" problems has already been solved?
    There never was any real incompatibility between Norton and Spybot. People installing Norton were answering messages from TeaTimer incorrectly so that Norton was not being installed properly. Symantec decided to indicate in their installation process that the two products were incompatible to eliminate the problem.

You can not only install Norton Antivirus/Internet Security 2007 with Spybot installed as long as you answer the TeaTimer registry change pop-up correctly, but you can also reinstall Spybot after the installation of Norton Antivirus/Internet Security 2007. See the following Symantec support article:

Note: The original reference to that article was published by macbd1 in the following post:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Thank you very much !