Thread: Problems couldn't be fixed due to the associated files being used!

Default Problems couldn't be fixed due to the associated files being used!

I am running Spybot S&D version 1.4 with latest update as of today morning 07/25/2007. When I ran the search and destroy after installing the latest update, it gave me a problem called "DriverCleaner 2006". When I selected to Fix the problem, it gave a error message that says "Some problems couldn't be fixed; the reason could be that the associated files are still in use (in memory).
    This could be fixed after a restart.
    May Spybot S&D run on your next system startup? YES/NO"

I then restarted my computer and it scanned it again and gave the same problem again. When I selected to Fix the problem it gave me the exact same error again. How can I remove this "DriverCleaner 2006" problem from my computer?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

You can try to run Spybot-S&D in Safe mode and see if the problem is removed:
    • Reboot your system in Safe mode (see Safe mode below) and run Spybot-S&D.

If Spybot-S&D still fails to remove the problems you can request assistance in the Malware Removal forum.

Before posting in the Malware Removal forum read and follow the instructions here:

After completing those steps, start a new thread (topic) in the Malware Removal forum (making sure to include the HijackThis log and online scan logs produced from the instructions above).

Safe mode:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.