Thread: Product: Virtumonde

Default Product: Virtumonde

Company:
    Product: Virtumonde
    Threat: Trojan
    Description
    Virtumonde copies itself to the system folder and creates a BHO. Virtumonde connects to malicious websites in background. It also adds a randomly named dll to the Winlogon Notify, which will make it very resistable to removal. If you need help with removal please contact Team Spybot S&D via forums or email

Spybot found this and deleted it from the registry i guess, now what it seams nasty

Sorry but i guess i should have included this;
    AOL Antivirus by Kaspersky
    Spybot Search & destory
    Comodo Pro Firewall
    Spyware Blaster
    Ad-Aware SE
    CCleaner

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

I'm sorry but I'm having difficulty interpreting the intent of your post.

Quote Originally Posted by dagger666 View Post
    Spybot found this and deleted it from the registry i guess, now what it seams nasty
    Are you indicating that Spybot-S&D:
    1. Found and corrected your problem although the software that you mentioned in your second post did not.

---or that ---

2. There is still a problem and Spybot-S&D as well as the software list have not corrected the problem.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

and i have AVG Anit-rootkit. Spybot did deleted it but it reads as that this does more than just put a key in the register. I figured you would like to know all the protection i have on my system because it might help prevent it from spreading. What is this about copying it's self to other folders "It also adds a randomly named dll to the Winlogon Notify, which will make it very resistable to removal" so do i need to concern myself with this or has spy bot taken care of it with the 1 register key it deleted?
    Last edited by dagger666; 2007-07-27 at 13:03.

Process Library.com Is this site safe and all its scanners? Also a took a look at Spy bot System startup and disabled some things it said were not needed and so far everything is fine. it did find this "Filename: System32.exe Added by AGOBOT-UK WORM! And has been blocked. Who is Paul Collins Startup list?
    Last edited by dagger666; 2007-07-27 at 13:21.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

dagger666:

I sorry but I still can't help you because I still don't understand what the specific nature of your inquiry or problem. I stated

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    I'm sorry but I'm having difficulty interpreting the intent of your post.
    I then asked a question that I though would help me understand the nature of your problem or inquiry by limiting the response to two alternatives:

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    Are you indicating that Spybot-S&D:
    1. Found and corrected your problem although the software that you mentioned in your second post did not.

---or that ---

2. There is still a problem and Spybot-S&D as well as the software list have not corrected the problem.
    In response you state:

and i have AVG Anit-rootkit. Spybot did deleted it but it reads as that this does more than just put a key in the register. … so do i need to concern myself with this or has spy bot taken care of it with the 1 register key it deleted?
    And then posted again concerning other products/informational lists:

Process Library.com Is this site safe and all its scanners? … Who is Paul Collins Startup list?
    If you still need help with this particular problem, you could start by answering my initial question. Or better yet if you actually still have a problem, you could post the actual logs (Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log and/or Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log) of the Spybot detections that you received and were/were not able to corrected during the Spybot "Check for problems"/"Fix selected problems".

In the mean time, I'll assume that you no longer require help with this particular query because of you're new post:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.