Thread: Teatimer and Resident SD helper

Default Teatimer and Resident SD helper

Would the Teatimer or Resident SD helper utility cause a clash with an anti-spyware program that works in real time?

Also I have been told that the Resident SD helper utility works in a similar way to Spyware Blaster. Could these two clash if used at the same time?

THANKS

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kesher View Post
    Would the Teatimer or Resident SD helper utility cause a clash with an anti-spyware program that works in real time?
    Not normally. Is there a particular anti-spyware program that you had in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by kesher View Post
    Also I have been told that the Resident SD helper utility works in a similar way to Spyware Blaster. Could these two clash if used at the same time?
    Spybot’s immunization and SpywareBlaster work the same way. They both add entries to the system registry to help prevent malware and are compatible with one another.

See the following for more information:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

I am thinking of using Spyware Terminator.

I am also considering using Comodo BO Clean which I believe will not clash with Resident SD or Teatimer

I currently use Ad-Aware 2007 (free version); AOL Spyware Protection; Spyware Blaster; Comodo Pro Firewall and Symantec Anti Virus.

Thanks
    Last edited by kesher; 2007-07-30 at 12:00.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Just so that you are aware, Spyware Terminator was at one time listed on Spyware Warrior Rogue-Suspect Anti-Spyware Products & Web Sites listing.

Note on SpywareTerminator: We originally listed Spyware Terminator on this page out of concerns that Crawler, the company behind the product, had established connections with IBIS, a well known adware distributor responsible for such adware programs as Wintools, Websearch, & Huntbar. Although we found no problems in our initial testing with Spyware Terminator, and while the vendor itself announced that it was exiting the adware business (1), we decided out of caution to impose a three month probation period before we would consider re-testing and, if warranted, de-listing the the product from the Rogue/Suspect list. During that three month probation period we monitored the behavior of IBIS and Crawler. At the end of the three month probation period we re-tested Spyware Terminator, again finding no problems serious enough to justify listing the program on this page. As the vendor involved has not been involved in the distribution of adware for many months, and as the program itself exhibits no problems serious enough to warrant mention on this page, we have decided to de-list Spyware Terminator from the Rogue/Suspect list and can no longer regard the program to be "rogue/suspect."

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.