Thread: Crappy!! I googled spybot and accedently went to spywarebot and it gave me popups!!

Angry Crappy!! I googled spybot and accedently went to spywarebot and it gave me popups!!

Do you guys know about this shoot!! Will spybot take care of them??? the site is spywarebot.com/spybotsearchdestroy. What a bunch of assholes!!! I didn even want to go there!! I just wanted to come here to reply to one of my posts!!!! damn it!!! any help would be helpful...RC

Hello.

A forum search will show a few topics, for instance:

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=10781&

Also see:

Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products & Web Sites

I hope you did not pay the rogue? Take a look in Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove and see if it is showing there.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default cant find it on add/remove

I cannot find it on add remove. Also spybot cannot find it. it keeps saying that my compute is 100% clean. Can you guys go there and figure out what they did?

Hello.

A little more information would be helpful.

Open Spybot-S&D and start a scan ("check for problems"). After the scan, right-click in the results field and choose either "Save full report to file..." or "Copy full report to clipboard".

Then attach the file (or copy the report) to the email and send it to: detections(at)spybot.info (Replace AT with @) with a link back to this topic.

Edit: Malware forum topic.
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?p=102355
    Last edited by tashi; 2007-07-08 at 10:03. Reason: Added link

Default thanks tashi

From what I can tell I went to ca and ran a spyware check and it found one that I had removed with spybot but which was still there. Certainly you guys gave me the info needed to work out my computer issues. thanks for all of the help. Although I was able to fix the problems I still dont have a great knowledge of what happned or how I fixed it. Literally I clicked on the spywarebot webpage on google and that was it. I guess from now on I will stay away from pages that I dont know. Also I had used the immunize button on spybot before I had gone to the webpage and it didnt stop me from going to the page or from getting the spyware, or malware, i dont know which I had but thanks for giving me your time tashi...RC

Glad to hear you figured it out capitan619.

Default Spywarebot

I too googled for Spybot S&D and mistakenly entered the Spywarebot site, downloaded and installed it. When I realised what I'd done I uninstalled it. I downloaded Spybot S&D (properly this time) and ran it.
    It found 4 infections from Spywarebot, 2 of them in registry. 1 was a registry change which was set to delete. I removed them but had to do a system recovery to get my PC back to normal.
    How on earth can a site be set up that has so similar a name that mistakes can be made like this. I thought at first that Spybot had changed their Logo etc.
    I wont be caught out with this one again.