Thread: Startup problem

Default Startup problem

When I start or restart my pc, before windows loads, it beeps and I get a screen that says this:

POST Startup Error
    The following errors were detected when the system was started

262 Configuration change has occurred
    162 Configuration change has occurred

Select 1 of the following:

Continue
    Exit Setup

I have tried going into setup but I have no idea what change has occurred or anything.

When I go to exit setup, it's fine and starts up ok. I get no other messages or anything. I want to get rid of this so I don't have to do this every time.

Thanks!
    Last edited by MichiganGirl; 2007-08-12 at 19:16. Reason: More Info

Emeritus

a POST (power on self test) is the intial bootup sequence when your computer starts up. hardware configurations are stored and checked during boot up. for some reason it looks like yours has changed. if you havent made any changes, then it might be a hardware problem or something simply like a failing CMOS battery which provides the "juice" to store the config when pc is off. i would start with your pc manuf. website/forum or find a good pc/hardware forum.

shelf life
    How Can I Reduce My Risk?

Well,I Googled your POST error,and did not come up with much,and I don't know alot about those.But,I did come across what looks to be your thread on snopes.com awhile back. http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=10437 Did you try the suggestion to get a new battery?

Oops,shelf life,did not see you there.Stop sneaking up on me,lol.
    Last edited by Zenobia; 2007-08-13 at 02:56.