Thread: !update-4395[1].0000

Default !update-4395[1].0000

Hi everyone. i've been pulling my hair out over this, with no solution.

this afternoon i downloaded a program and got hit with a virus. I've literally been on the 'net for the past 8 hours searching the name of it, and following other people's instructions on how to deal with it. Its still there :(

ok. forgive me if i am not giving the proper logfiles - i believe anyone that helps me is going to need at least the hijack this log? that's what i'll be posting. if you need more, please let me know!

As we speak, AVG just found I have:

1) !update.exe c:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Local Settings\Temp\!update.exe

2) !update-4395[1].0000 c:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\4JWFKTYL\!update-4395[1].0000

i've been running AVG, Ad-Aware, VundoFix, HijackThis, everything i can possible think of, and its all still there. sigh :(

I'll post the HJT log in the next post.. its rather long

Can anyone help? thanks for your time

here is the hjt txt file... as an attachment

sorry. the txt file is so big i put it on my website:

http://www.michaelmejido.com/hjt.txt

In Memoriam -Always in our heart pskelley's Avatar

Welcome to Safer Networking, if you still need help and are not receiving it elsewhere, it appears you have missed some important instructions our administrator has posted at the top of the forum, especially this: "BEFORE you POST" (READ this Procedure before Requesting Assistance)
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288
    All advice given is taken at your own risk.
    Please read and follow all instructions and post all required logs or reports, anything less will slow your process.
    Use "Post Reply" to post the information in the instructions and stay in the same topic.
    All logs should be copy/pasted into topic and not attached unless requested by helper in that format.
    Posting additional comments or logs before a volunteer responds, can push you back instead of forward, because your thread ends up with a newer date. Also, helpers may think you are already being assisted because of the post count. The same applies to 'bumping'
    What you need to do is take the time to read and follow the directions posted above for your convienence and also pinned to the top of the forum, including the ones I quoted for you.

Thanks
    MS-MVP Consumer Security 2007-08-09
    Proud Member ASAP
    UNITE Member 2006

This topic has been moved to archives.

If you need the thread re-opened, please send me a private message (pm) and provide a link.

Applies only to the original poster, anyone else with similar problems please start your own topic.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016