Thread: Updating Manually - NSIS Error

Default Updating Manually - NSIS Error

I am working on an XP box that has been disabled from the Internet. I downloaded the spybotsd_includes to another machine, transferred it and can't get it to run. I'm getting an error message that the installer is corrupted or incomplete. Can I run the spybotsd14 exe without updating?

No,if it is a new installation of Spybot on the XP machine,if you go to run a scan without any detection updates,Spybot will return this error:'You need to install the detection updates first by using the integrated update or the manual updater.'
    if Spybot had never been updated before.

If possible,maybe you could try downloading and transferring the manual updates to the XP computer once again,maybe it was just a bad download:
    http://www.spybot.info/en/download/index.html

Detection updates 2007-08-08 - product description
    md5: F3B5A8279B36D844A19C9D8254F91DA1
    This updates the detection rules. Only needed if you do not want to use the update function integrated into Spybot-S&D.
    Download

Tools update 2007-01-12 - product description
    md5: 0E4EDF1C77F4992736F4444C86A50BD3
    Only needed if you do not use the integrated update.
    Download

Advanced check library update 2007-01-19 - product description
    md5: 86591705A1D43E8F231364BC69B82D83
    This is an update for a detection library. Only needed if you do not want to use the update function integrated into Spybot-S&D.
    Download

TCP/IP Plugin 1.0 - product description
    md5: 7FD95B7E814EA2F56AEACE3613B4A0E9
    This adds capabilities to find and replace malicious network settings. Only needed if you do not want to use the update function integrated into Spybot-S&D
    Last edited by Zenobia; 2007-08-13 at 23:48.

Thanks for the advice. I've re-downloaded 4 times, nothing changes. I suspect the spyware/virus I have is stopping it. I guess if there is no other way, I'll be forced to wipe the drive clean

5 times is a charm. I downloaded it one more time for kicks and your suggestion worked. I'm off an running.

Thanks!

You're welcome.

It may be a bit diffuclt for you without an Internet connection,but if you are still having problems after running Spybot,and you are in need of some help,there is a malware removal forum section here.

The Instructions are here:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Malware Removal:
    http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22

Unhappy How do I do a manual update?

I'm working on a computer for a friend- Win98- that I know is full of viruses, spyware, etc. I installed Spybot, but don't want to connect to our home network until I run SpyBot. However, I can't figure out how to do a manual update! I've downloaded the files to a floppy and then put them into the "Update" file, running the exe files. SpyBot still says it hasn't been updated.

How do you do the manual updates?

Thank you very much!

MaryD

If you put them into the Updates folder,it most probably put the includes folder in there.You can go in and delete that if you like,though there is probably no harm in it being there.
    Navigate to your friends main drive,which is probably C:\,then go to Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy,then open the Updates folder and delete the Includes folder.

Now,for the Manual Updates,doubleclick spybotsd_includes.exe,click the browse button,and navigate to C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\,then click OK,then click install,and you should be good to go for the detection updates.

You should probably also download and transfer this manual update,if you haven't already,otherwise you may get an error when doing a scan with Spybot.
    TCP/IP Plugin 1.0 - product description
    md5: 7FD95B7E814EA2F56AEACE3613B4A0E9
    This adds capabilities to find and replace malicious network settings. Only needed if you do not want to use the update function integrated into Spybot-S&D
    And,you should probably get these manual updates as wel,since it's a new install:
    Tools update 2007-01-12 - product description
    md5: 0E4EDF1C77F4992736F4444C86A50BD3
    Only needed if you do not use the integrated update.
    Download

Advanced check library update 2007-01-19 - product description
    md5: 86591705A1D43E8F231364BC69B82D83
    This is an update for a detection library. Only needed if you do not want to use the update function integrated into Spybot-S&D.
    Download
    Last edited by Zenobia; 2007-08-14 at 07:24.