Thread: TeaTimer out of Control

Default TeaTimer out of Control

I have the latest 1.4 version of Spybot Search & Destroy with TeaTimer and SD-Helper enabled.

Every time I log onto an account I get an Alert asking if I should allow or block Winlogon. So I chose to always allow. Now every time I log onto an account I get 8 resident alerts on the side saying "Resident Allowed the change of DefaultUserName (category Winlogon) based on your white list." The side alerts do not go away. The top one disappears but then comes back, and it goes on and on until I turn off TeaTimer and then enable it again, then the side alerts stop.

Hello,

TeaTimer takes snapshots of Registry entries and compares these with the Registry at startup. Until these snapshots are updated you are likely to get pop-ups (at startup) of changes you made in the past. In other words, TeaTimer attempts to return the Registry to the state it was in when the snapshot was taken. This happens primarily when you reboot the system. To refresh TeaTimer's snapshot files:

* Right click Spybot's TeaTimer System Tray Icon > click Exit Spybot-S&D Resident.
    o TeaTimer closes.
    o TeaTimer's snapshot files are refreshed at this time.
    * Restart TeaTimer:
    o Using Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy.
    o Double click TeaTimer.exe to start it.

If you periodically recycle TeaTimer the problem will be diminished but not necessarily totally eliminated. As an alternative you can periodically just shut down TeaTimer as outlined above without restarting it just prior to shutting down the system to refresh the snapshot files.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Thanks! Will this be fixed in 1.5?