Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A few suggestions for next build (possibly 1.5)

Default A few suggestions for next build (possibly 1.5)

i was thinking if Spybot Search & Destroy could have realtime protection.

i know it already got immunizer but i was thinking of something more.

like look at Spyware Doctor its got immunizer and more features in there realtimeprotection also look at spysweeper its got a number of things in there realtime protection.

now i was thinking a feature for rootkit and for rootkit detection. so for the new scan engine to be able to detect and remove rootkit

now 1.4 is already more than a yr old as from june or july right? or was it august?

Hello Chaos17 and welcome to the forum.

Please see this article:
    How Spybot-S&D protects against the installation of Spyware/Malware.

Rootkit detection is being looked at as mentioned in this topic:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...=4678#post4678

Have you seen our other programs, as separate options they may prove useful to you.
    filealyzer
    regalyzer
    runalyzer

Supported here:
    http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=3

Thank you for your suggestions, always welcomed and considered.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

ah right there are 4 lvl of realtimeprotection.

but i was thinking of another lvl :D

also i see the rootkit detection suggestion has already been said:o

i see spybot-search & destroy has a immunizer for opera but not for firefox?

wats about a feature for firefox:D

as i think firefox is more used than opera

Default two words

Two very simple words

Auto update

I have many family members that I have set up with Spybot, they don't have much computer knowlege so I schedule the scan at night, but updates still seem to be a problem to convince them to download.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

pretorious:

Have you tried the /autoupdate parameter in the scheduled running of Spybot?

See the following:
    Are there any command line parameters?
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/30.html

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

ah, hmm. that does work, but maybe a little check box along with the other scheduling options. the only real complaint I have heard about spybot is that people are unable to get it to auto update durring a schedule, and that link was never covered in the help file... maybe just make it easier to use in the next version?

thanks for your help

Cool

:p :beerbeerb
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos17
    i was thinking if Spybot Search & Destroy could have realtime protection.

i know it already got immunizer but i was thinking of something more.

like look at Spyware Doctor its got immunizer and more features in there realtimeprotection also look at spysweeper its got a number of things in there realtime protection.

now i was thinking a feature for rootkit and for rootkit detection. so for the new scan engine to be able to detect and remove rootkit

now 1.4 is already more than a yr old as from june or july right? or was it august?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos17
    i see spybot-search & destroy has a immunizer for opera but not for firefox?

wats about a feature for firefox:D

as i think firefox is more used than opera
    I'm not sure if this isthe reason but have you seen how secure Firefox is?
    It's not invincible but its fairly secure

Another way to do updates is to remind yourself by simply having Spybot itself set to come up during the day at this time or that. It will do so, likely interrupting your work--just depends how you set it up.

If that is no trouble, you just go for the updates at that time. So you are probably going to update at least once a day.

That is a bit of a basic, fairly intrusive system of doing things, but it works well. I set it up when it was the best I could do. Now I know more, and I have some much smoother operations happening, but I kind of like my Spybot interruptions, and I've never changed them. Spybot is a favourite of mine, so it's like a very good old friend coming by.

all i ask for the Immuzation features is firefox protection. but not only for spyware but for trojan as well:D as spywareblaster does not stop trojan spybot-search & destroy could

coz firefox doesn't have such a big problem with spyware but it does with trojan. well IE more but firefox as well.

i would like the immuzation feature to advance and also the scan engine.

could it be possible for Spybot to use another scan engine as well with there own. like for example it buys the scan engine from Spysweeper? or counterspy or a antitrojan scan engine? like trojanhunter?

coz antiviruses some of them do it. why not spybot-search & destroy.

i would ask for spysweeper or counterspy because i already use adaware se free and spyware doctor free. as well Trojanhunter as well i say trojanhunter because i use a-squared free and ewido free :p

if u wont to that obviously for the scan engine to be better in speed and detection and also to have more feature. but by more feature for the standard version not only for advance user. coz host file and scedule is for advance users only why not as well for standard version.

and one more thing that i would really like and most probably many more would as well.

u know when u right click on any file it says open and as well it says want to scan with the antivirus u got. well could it say for Spybot-search & destroy to scan the particular file as well?

pls for the next version