Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A few suggestions for next build (possibly 1.5)

Default Spybot 1.4 was officially released early June 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos17

now 1.4 is already more than a yr old as from june or july right? or was it august?
    no Chaos17. Spybot 1.4 is actually LESS than a year old. it was officially released in early june 2005. that I remember vividly. do you mean 1.4 beta?

yep how come the 1.5 beta has not been released yet? is it because its really really unstable? or is it coz the new features are not done yet?

also in the new version will there be a new enhanced scan engine? and the features improved like the immunizer?

Default Right-Click Menu

Originally posted by Chaos17:
    "and one more thing that i would really like and most probably many more would as well.

u know when u right click on any file it says open and as well it says want to scan with the antivirus u got. well could it say for Spybot-search & destroy to scan the particular file as well?

pls for the next version"
    Sorry I don't know how to quote.

I second this suggestion. Spybot in the menu when you right-click on a file would be really useful, especially for a downloaded file.

Please fix the issue with computers that have "Hyper-Threading"!!!

There are so many Intel H.T. systems and seems like they are more and more common in newer computers. Spybot S&D has had a problem with it's working properly with computers that have the HT technology since the 1.3 version. It was known then, before the release of the 1.4RC and the 1.4 versions, which we were told would be corrected in those NEW version. I've not seen or heard of a fix for this in the new 1.5 version...though, we have been told by Spybot S&D that it would be fixed in the next release, AGAIN!

I really like your product, but don't like to have to do "work arounds" so your program will work with the newer technology and the way of the future in computer chips. As you can guess I have the Hyper-Threading and if you Google "Spybot S&D and Hyper-Threading"....there are numerous pages of people that have H.T. computers that have stopped using your product.

Please, add a fix for this problem so Spybot will work with H.T in your next version...or put out a fix for it now.

Thank You!

Esteemed Member

Quote Originally Posted by tonysak
    Please fix the issue with computers that have "Hyper-Threading"!!!

<SNIP>

Please, add a fix for this problem so Spybot will work with H.T in your next version...or put out a fix for it now.

Thank You!
    You never returned to your earlier thread and let us know you still had an HTT problem.
    XP Home With HyperThreading

If you had, I would have directed you to this more permanent workaround that builds the 'Set Affinity' into the SpybotSD.exe file itself.
    Permanent Affinity setting for Spybot S&D hang on HTT

I don't know if there will be a final 'fix' for this in 1.5, or even when that might be released, so I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. This worked perfectly for the original person who tried it and caused no problems on my own PC without HyperThreading.

Bitman

looks like tonysak did not pay close attention on how to solve his "hyper-threading" problem. he should know better, bitman.

Default they're still working on it

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos17
    yep how come the 1.5 beta has not been released yet? is it because its really really unstable? or is it coz the new features are not done yet?

also in the new version will there be a new enhanced scan engine? and the features improved like the immunizer?
    I guess they're still working on the new features because they're probably not yet ready. so it looks like we'll have to wait even longer. also they have to make the 1.5 beta work under win95 cuz spybot 1.4 does not even run under win95.

i don't think the programers of Spybot should waiste there time on making spybot 1.5 compatible with win 95 and 98 as those are old operating systems.

i think they should spend there time trying to perfect there program for win xp and 2000. and also spend there time on making the prgram better. by bug fixes and making the scan engine better and the features better ertc....

Default Immunising

I am running a standalone computer on windows xp. It proves a big pain trying to administer it. Spybot has got a good immunisation system, however , every single user on the computer has to immunise separatly. Which means that normally only the most profishent users (such as myself) immunise to take advantage of the new database.

What I am getting at is that Spybot should filter the settings down the users. So that only one user needs to immunise and all the computer users are protected from new threats, without having to go into every user name to do it seperatly.

Default improved immunization feature would be great

Jim B has got a point on improvements on the immunization feature so that users dont have to immunize spybot on each computer separately.

I have to disagree with Chaos17 (bigtime) on just making spybot better under win2k & XP. there are still a lot of windows users out there using win98/me and removing 9x support in spybot 1.5 would be a terrible mistake. hope all the Teatimer problems will be resolved in the next release of spybot. the teatimer problems are another reason why it'll take longer for the creators of spybot to release the next version. they have to figure out a way to fix those problems.