Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A few suggestions for next build (possibly 1.5)

Default Hello Spybot User From Mexico

Hello I Was Also Wondering About Spybot 1.5 And This Are The Suggestions That I Have

- Continue With The Support For W98 And Wme In My Country Many Computers Are Still Used With These Os Will Be Terrible For Us If You Don't Do It.

- I Think You Should Fix The Problem With Ht.

- I Think That The Autoupdate Will Not Be A Good Idea, The Auto Update Programs Like Norton Are Very Annoying, And Only Causes Trouble. I Know That Not Every Body Is Able To Update It Itself But This Is Not A Perfect World.

Thanks A Lot Spybot Team

I Know Yow Will Do Your Best In Spybot 1.5

Default Anotehr feature to think about

Another feature to tihnk about adding is: Pop Up and Ad blocking, like Ad-watch SE. Block spyware pop ups and ads.

Just trying to help. I want to see this product to go far.

Smile Next release suggestion

First, excellent product keep up the good work!

Here are a few suggestions from a network admin point of view.

How about making a msi install package for spybot so admins can deploy via AD. This would resolve the issue with users not being administrators on workstations for logon script installs.

Create a program to install on a server to allow admins to autodownload the "spybot dats" to a shared location for the client installs to pull from.

Make spybot a windows service rather then a startup task

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbagump2001
    Here are a few suggestions from a network admin point of view.
    This may be of interest:
    For the specific needs of corporate LANs/WANs we designed a tool called 'Server for Spybot - Search & Destroy',
    http://www.safer-networking.ie/en/home/index.html
    http://www.safer-networking.ie/en/iuserver/index.html

http://spybot.info/en/license/index.html

Cheers.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default use Pop-up Stopper from Panicware to stop pop-up windows

Quote Originally Posted by tsSecure
    Another feature to tihnk about adding is: Pop Up and Ad blocking, like Ad-watch SE. Block spyware pop ups and ads.

Just trying to help. I want to see this product to go far.
    not sure about pop-up blocking. Use Panicware's Pop-Up Stopper utility to block popup windows, tsSecure. Popup Stopper comes in different flavors. besides, most recent versions of non-IE browsers like Mozilla, Firefox, Opera have built-in popup blockers.

here's Panicware's web site to get Popup Stopper:
    http://www.panicware.com/

I think spybot could have a tool like killbox built in to delete any files that are being stubborn and wont delete by the normal scanning process.

It could also have a much better User Interface now, especially if you look at Windows Defender, it just seems quite dull.

The "advanced mode" should be ditched, and with a better UI, users can be warned that only advanced users should change stuff in this particular section.

There could be better scanning options, like to scan your whole PC, or to scan a specific section.

user announced this:

"i was wondering if in the updates portion that you could include either a select all updates button, or download all updates button, it would beat running the wizard each time. thanks for hearing me out."

Default "Immunity" support for Opera 9 browsers

that would be a nice idea spybotsandra to have a Download All updates button.

I hope the next version of Spybot would include Immunization support for Opera 9 web browsers. I just downloaded the final release of Opera 9 browser today and Spybot does NOT offer Immunization for it, even when I checked the "individual profiles" setup option during install of Opera 9. Spybot 1.4 will offer Immunization for Opera 8.5 and earlier but NOT Opera 9.

Quote Originally Posted by noel-pr7
    that would be a nice idea spybotsandra to have a Download All updates button.

I hope the next version of Spybot would include Immunization support for Opera 9 web browsers. I just downloaded the final release of Opera 9 browser today and Spybot does NOT offer Immunization for it, even when I checked the "individual profiles" setup option during install of Opera 9. Spybot 1.4 will offer Immunization for Opera 8.5 and earlier but NOT Opera 9.
    ok disregard my previous post. Spybot 1.4 can offer Immunization support for Opera 9 browsers as long as Opera 9 is installed in the \Program Files\Opera\ folder and NOT the \Program Files\Opera 9\ folder. If it is installed in the Opera 9 folder, un-install Opera 9 and re-install the browser into the Opera folder and Spybot will show immunity for Opera 9.

Default extra includes for more limits

hi,
    1. is it possible to up the loads a bit to fully use the includes, that would then force most of the leaders to be hit?

2. On the 2nd main screen two links would be useful to press to get to it and that would save time working out where they were.

3. Ive installed this on many lights before, on thier own but it wold be useful if you could release two sessions side by side, making remote passes possible.

4 and lastly keep up the good work people, if you get these three options working you know youve gone MAD.

;-)