I am consistently having problems with popups that won't go away. This problem started about three weeks ago and I haven't been using my computer much since then. I've subscribed to several forums and have downloaded the following programs:

CounterSpy
CCleaner
Ad-Watch 2007
SmithfraudFix
AVG Anti-Spyware
Hijack This

IN addition, I also normally use Spybot and Ad-
Aware once a week.

I use the Free Version of AVG Anti-Virus

Can these be conflicting? It does seem that CounterSpy and AVG Anti-Spyware appear to be conflicting. When I try to run AVG Anti-Spyware, CounterSpy comes up with an Unknown Activity box and asks if I would like to quarantine avgas.exe. It does the same thing when Windows is attempting to install its updated. And I keep getting an AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5 Exception saying that "Something bad happened in the application. Error diagnostic file saved to C:/Program Files/Grisoft/AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5/err'.

This is on top of the frequent pop ups, mostly asking me to purchase some anti-virus or anti-trojan program and informing me that the program will now run on my computer.

Can you help? I don't really know why I never went here before, as I have always had a good experience with Spybot. I'm at wit's end!!!