Thread: So many scanners - what about conflicts?

Angry So many scanners - what about conflicts?

I am consistently having problems with popups that won't go away. This problem started about three weeks ago and I haven't been using my computer much since then. I've subscribed to several forums and have downloaded the following programs:

CounterSpy
    CCleaner
    Ad-Watch 2007
    SmithfraudFix
    AVG Anti-Spyware
    Hijack This

IN addition, I also normally use Spybot and Ad-
    Aware once a week.

I use the Free Version of AVG Anti-Virus

Can these be conflicting? It does seem that CounterSpy and AVG Anti-Spyware appear to be conflicting. When I try to run AVG Anti-Spyware, CounterSpy comes up with an Unknown Activity box and asks if I would like to quarantine avgas.exe. It does the same thing when Windows is attempting to install its updated. And I keep getting an AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5 Exception saying that "Something bad happened in the application. Error diagnostic file saved to C:/Program Files/Grisoft/AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5/err'.

This is on top of the frequent pop ups, mostly asking me to purchase some anti-virus or anti-trojan program and informing me that the program will now run on my computer.

Can you help? I don't really know why I never went here before, as I have always had a good experience with Spybot. I'm at wit's end!!!

Hi there.
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingqueen View Post
    This is on top of the frequent pop ups, mostly asking me to purchase some anti-virus or anti-trojan program and informing me that the program will now run on my computer.
    Let's deal with that part first as the malware may be interfering with the security programs.

Please follow the procedure in this link:
    "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance)

Then start your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum

A helper will advise you there as soon as available.

Cheers.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016